Notices

Something I needed from my daughter

Old 07-31-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Jezza. That was quite a letter. I am feeling quite the same as you. My drinking as affected my kids. I can't change what has happened...especially after this last relapse. I wish I could change it. Good luck to Jezza.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Jezza, this really hits home for me as well. Just had this discussion again on Tuesday with my son. He was planning on coming home for a visit today, but when he found out I was drinking again, he laid down the law. He's wants to spend time with his Mom, not an alcoholic who acts like a fool when she drinks. Haven't talked to him since, so not sure if he will be coming this weekend or not. I am not drinking...on day 2 now.

We hurt our children terribly with this. The letter your daughter wrote brought tears to my eyes. She loves you very much...just wants her Dad.

My best to you and your family. hug
Old 08-01-2014, 12:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

How are you feeling today Jezza? Have you got plans for the weekend? distraction, lots of non alco drinks, treat food and DVDs worked for me in the early days
Old 08-01-2014, 01:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Jezza...I became an alcoholic in my 30s....but when I was younger, a teenager....my mother started drinking heavily.

All I can say is, I've been this child, writing letters, holding my Mums hand while she vomits into a bucket.

Then it progressed to violence from her. There was no turning back then. Her anger at this disease unleashed and rampaged at everyone.

Don't let that be you, may this letter be the beginning. Where you really listen.

Be well.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:21 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

** all... Some real heart felt messages!!! I'm ok,still feel a bit poo!!! To be expected... Weekend will be fine as I'm catching up with work so will keep my mind occupied.. Again, thank you so much for your messages. I came clean with my son & daughter & believe they have some sort of understanding & looking back this could be the best thing that has happened to me to get off this damn ride...
Old 08-01-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Daughters may not be forever. Today is my daughter's funeral and while I don't live in the past I can not forget the wasted days that can never be gotten back.

Quit today and be there for all of the days you are granted
Old 08-01-2014, 04:41 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

The relationship with my daughter since I have stopped drinking is night and day!! We spend time together, she talks to me and she is happier! The fear of loosing this is a strong motivation for me to never pick up again!! My daughter had this same conversation with me. They need us. Jezza you can do it!!!!!
Old 08-01-2014, 04:42 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Inspiring post. Last time i drank i had withdrawals so bad i could only get out of bed to vomit in the toilet. Told my daughter it was food poisoning. Felt so ashamed. Quit drinking, but 2 weeks in she and her friend were sneaking some of my wifes wine. My only thought was that my behavior was causing that. I was a selfish drunk, never seeing the ripple effect of it. Nearing a month dry though. Your post really hit home. We can do it.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:42 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

MIRecovery, I am so sorry for your loss....you will be in my prayers.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I know it looks selfish that this post is all about ME!!! Believe me it's not. I hope it helps others out as well. It just makes you stop & think. For MIR.... God bless, my thoughts are also with you..
Old 08-01-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

MIRecovery, I too am very sorry for your loss. I think that there can be nothing more painful than losing a child, especially after a prolonged illness. Creates such a feeling of helplessness, that you can't fix things for this person you love so much. I have read your posts on this topic, and admire the grace, dignity, courage, and positive spirit in which you have dealt with this tragedy. You are a true inspiration. My heart goes out to you at this difficult time.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

powerful
Old 08-01-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Trudgin

MIRecovery - no words to assuage your loss. I am sure your daughter was and IS proud of your sobriety, Sir!

Prayers going out from your friend in Mississippi Today.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:47 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

MIR, so sorry. Cant even express my feelings on this, please just know you have a whole family of friends here at SR.

Thank you for sharing and posting. Your words solidify my sobriety even more. Thank you very much!

Again, so sorry for your loss. Please reach out if you need anything. Praying for you and yours.

Chris