Notices

Red face, puffy eyes, sad face, fat belly

Old 07-29-2014, 05:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Have to say that I'm starting to believe that part of looking better has a lot to do with the reflection of how you feel inside. My anxiety and depression has gone from a constant 9+ to a 1 or 2. The non frowning muscles in my face seem to be strengthening from feeling just feeling all around better.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sillysuzanfree View Post
Everybody is different but you should see a change...if you have the money and the time, it would be well worth it to treat yourself to a facial and a massage maybe as a landmark sobriety gift...2 weeks, 30 days? I am not sure where you are at. It will loosen some of the toxins and help flush out all the "gunk"...drink lots of water and green tea!
Sillysuzanfree, I like the way you think! I'm on day 7 but I got a massage on day 3 to loosen up toxins. I was So sore from it. Perhaps at week two, I'll try the facial.

Thanks for the outpouring of support SR! I'm doing this!
Old 07-29-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Taking 5 - yea, it's confusing - but Aykrod is correct. Just like this BM pic - makes me laugh!
Old 07-29-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
~sb

work those 12 steps and let the light shine from inside to the outside! I had a zillion compliments about glowing at about 30 days (and I was 50 then)....
Old 07-29-2014, 07:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mesmith2 View Post
I have all the above from the past 10 years of abusing alcohol and I am (vainly) wondering if the first two ever go away, and how long it might take. I trust that sobriety and the 12 steps will help with #3, and that abstinence and working out will relieve #4. Anyone have experience with the first two to share?
Yep. One member actually said I looked like an orangutan when I joined AA.

My advise?

Start juicing fresh vegetable in order to get more vitamins in you.

I found this a big help with regards to my completion and as far as the belly goes try cutting way back on the sweets and fried foods.