Notices

I am feeling a little anxious....

Old 07-16-2004, 05:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy I am feeling a little anxious....

I guess this is the best place to start my day because my alcoholic mind is pretty wild today. I am breathing a little more deeply just reading your posts.
God grant me the serenity....
Love Dini
Old 07-16-2004, 05:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

good morning,
just keep saying the serenity prayer, for now. It will get easier. Do you have any phone numbers of people in recovery that you can call?
Sherry
Old 07-16-2004, 05:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Sherry,
Yes I have my sponser and others. I am 6 years sober but I have been kind of panicy lately. A lot of stress at home and work.
Thanks
Old 07-16-2004, 05:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that you have sober support close to you. This too shall pass. Just remember that! I'll say a prayer for you.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dini67, I know how you feel! Had kind of a rough day myself yesterday! Day 13, I have been doing really well so far, but, yesterday it hit me, how long do I have to put up with this noncense of not drinking???....Wham, for some reason the truth just kind of Bit-- slapped me across the face! I can't drink anymore, period!

I was really tempted to give in, had a talk with my H about it, only made me more feel worse because he can drink and control it, I can't! I guess I'm envious, I wish I could drink, control it and have fun, but, alas, I have given up that foolish notion!

Held on by my fingernails, distracted myself and by the time I went to bed and thanked God for helping me get through another day sober, a huge feeling of gratitude, acomplishment and peace swept over me!

I can do this, I know I can, I just have to realize it's not always going to be easy. In the old days, life got boring, I drank, got happy, drank too much, got sick, suffered feelings of remorse, beat myself up mentally, drank to get over it, the destructive cycle started again....

In the moments of weakenss I say outloud, sometimes over and over...

"I took my last drink July 3, 2004"!!!! Just saying that outloud gives me the strength to stay sober just one more day! One day at a time!
Old 07-16-2004, 07:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dini,

Hang in there, I'm sure you're going to be fine. You've learned a lot in 6 years and it'll pull you through. It's probably a silly question, but can you do anything to relieve some of the stress at work and at home?

Love, Anna
Old 07-16-2004, 08:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Dini
Just wanted you to know I read your thread and I am thinking of you and sending prayers your way.

Breathing is a good tool. Here is a website you might find useful for dealing with the stress.

We are here for you and here is a

http://www.yogasite.com/panicattack.htm
Old 07-16-2004, 09:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by Suckerpunched
"I took my last drink July 3, 2004"!!!! Just saying that outloud gives me the strength to stay sober just one more day! One day at a time!
Now
that is an awesome Friday Affirmation!
And dini, thank you for teaching us newcomers that serenity is a lifetime of work. You carry the message proudly, and I'm glad you are with us.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Dear Didi

Dan's post right on..I went to my first f2f last night and listened to others who had alot of clean time and they were as you...working..on their serenity..using tools but letting me know that it never goes away..but using for them was not an option. Hey Sucker..I'll use that one too! I remember all you guys here at SR and how hard starting the first couple of days and how afraid I was to just start NOT USING..I don't want to go there again....I have an inter proud that just shoved my usual GUILT and SHAME out the door...I want to keep that in my life everyday.. bye randa