Notices

A cry for help

Old 07-18-2014, 07:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A cry for help

So I get up. Hung over from where I messed up and drank the night before. Puking before work. I'm trying to get it together and get out the door. In the other room is my child. Also puking from their addiction. I leave the house crying knowing this isn't how a family should function. But this is how my family functions. I try. We try. I mess up. They mess up. I look into the future and know this won't go on forever. Something will give or someone will get sick. We won't make it like this.

This happened today.

I need help. I'm lost.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Have you considered counseling? Either family or individual. Might help you work out a solution to these problems.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi whyme
I know it's hard right now - but you're not alone here.

Right now I would focus on your own addiction - that's something you can affect and change right now.

It's the old 'put your oxygen mask on first' thing.

Get yourself together, then you can start focusing on what you need to do to deal with the other addicts in your life.

You've said before your only support is SR - maybe you need more support?
D
Old 07-18-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry your family is struggling. Welcome to SR....you are taking an important step reaching out for help.

Glad you are joining us. Make today a new beginning...you are worth so much more.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Whyme,

First, sorry for your pain. If it's okay, prayer is already on its way. That's for you, Whyme, and for your family. People do truly care. Please, know that? Also, please, know that you are loved. Believe that. You will find peace.

A brother,

michaels
Old 07-18-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
instant

We can change, one step at a time. It can seem like a jouney into the abyss but it is the way forward
Old 07-18-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Least, I did counseling 2 years ago but not recently. I don't know if I just had a bad experience but the sessions always revolved around stuff like they liked my different hairstyle each time I was in. It was almost a joke. Maybe if I tried it again with someone new.

Dee, your right SR is my only support. Maybe I'm hard headed. I have a picture in my mind that I need 365 days rehab. I can't do that or afford that so it makes me apprehensive to reach out. Maybe I should try AA.

Dolly, thank you for welcoming me

Michael, you have me in tears. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your words mean the world to me.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Not sure what to say but I'm sorry because it sounds awful. It's a great start that you are seeing that this cannot continue. I can't imagine my child suffering from this disease also. That would be pure torture. If your afraid of stopping you can remember it cannot get worse than this. Your well being will only improve with sobriety and you will be a wonderful example for you ur child. You can do this 24 hours at a time. Just don't pick up that first drink. It is trying to isolate you and kill you and you will not let that happen! You have a child to live for and a new person to become!
Old 07-18-2014, 08:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Whyme2014 View Post
Least, I did counseling 2 years ago but not recently. I don't know if I just had a bad experience but the sessions always revolved around stuff like they liked my different hairstyle each time I was in. It was almost a joke. Maybe if I tried it again with someone new.

Dee, your right SR is my only support. Maybe I'm hard headed. I have a picture in my mind that I need 365 days rehab. I can't do that or afford that so it makes me apprehensive to reach out. Maybe I should try AA.

Dolly, thank you for welcoming me

Michael, you have me in tears. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your words mean the world to me.
Welcome back whyme. There are low cost and sliding scale clinics you might contact if you wanted to try rehab. Or AA as you mention, it is free like SR! Just know that sobriety can absolutely be yours if you want it.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Just to jump aboard Dee's train of thought...I am reminded of the adage "be the change you want in your world". I think it is helpful to be open to whatever it takes to stay sober whether that be rehab or recovery program.

With respect to counselling..seriously, your hairstyle? Counselling is like anti depressants, you gotta find the right one. I was lucky to have found mine. I was able to talk circles round a couple I tried before. This was saw right through my crap.

Your pain and desire for change is evident. Do what you need to. We're all here fighting with you
Old 07-19-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Prayers to you, Why. So much pain! Glad you are here because there is so much support, encouragement, and love on the Forum. Why not try AA? You will find the same environment there. Best to you and your family!
Old 07-19-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

This was my life part of my childhood. My mom is now clean and sober thanks to God and her church. My dad died from alcohol and drug addiction. I found AA and today I am clean and sober thanks to God and the program of Alcoholics Anonymous. I would suggest you get to a meeting ASAP! It's saved my life and WILL save yours, just be willing and ready.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey whyme, don't loose hope, you can turn this around, it really is one day at a time with the right support in place!!

You can get past this and you can have the future that you want!!