Administrator

Your attitude rocks Jupiters

D
Old 07-18-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jupiters View Post
hahah no, I'm not in the "pen"
I'm just outside Toronto.
Hee hee..and I do believe Kingston is a male pen right? Or did they put in a woman's section after the closure of P4W.

Oh good Lord...DO NOT watch the old Fifth Estate coverage of what happened at P4W.

That was HORRIBLE...beyond words horrible.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I think Kingston has 3
Old 07-21-2014, 05:00 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

2 more to go!!
I felt really bad for a new girl that came in She was so scared. She kept to herself for most of the weekend but there was a situation with her meds which caused a major panic attack. She had a meltdown when she was being discharged on Sunday (I think she has 2 or 3 more to go) ....I could hear her crying in the cell beside me and the one guard says all rude and mean "Why you crying?" ...I wanted to give her a hug
Next weekend I will reach out to her and just let her know, it's going to be ok. She will get through this. But to try not to cry - they seem to feed off weakness.
I was sitting in my holding cell for 2 hours waiting to be released yesterday and they were bringing in the kitchen crew, one girl walked by my cell 2x and was trying to taunt me...oh how I lol'd in my head. Thinking "taunt all you want, I'm leaving in 30min to go eat a pot roast and sleep in my bed"
whew. 2 more.
Other than that, it was actually a pretty calm weekend. Nobody caused trouble, guards left us alone for the most part. Saturday it seemed all of us were in a grump so hibernated. I heard some fights over the intercom in different units, as long as it isn't in mine, I don't care! LOL
Happy Monday Peeps!!!
Old 07-21-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

haha that's odd that I said we "hibernated" in jail. like seriously? haha
Old 07-21-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Nice going, Jups. Glad the weekend was uneventful.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Another one down, Jupiters!
Old 07-21-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

That's great Jupiters, three more weekends to go and you're done. That's a good point, making yourself inaccessible for patio weekends haha. I hear ya there. It's a tricky time of the year to quit for sure, but it can be done. Well done!
Old 07-21-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

2 more bud
4 down, 2 to go! Plus - I'm stoked. I have next week off (THANK YOU!!!!) so it'll be nice knowing I have that off. And my last weekend, we have the Monday off as a STAT.
makes it a wee more bearable in my head knowing I have the days off to recoop. I feel like I got hit by a truck every Monday morning.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

WELL - I am done.
I served my last weekend last weekend. This Friday I have to "sign in" as it's technically the last day but I am not required to stay.
I was off last week from work, although not much of a week off when I had appts. everyday and had to go to jail for Friday-Sunday...LOL.
Sunday may have been one of the longest days ever for me. 5pm seemed just out of reach the entire day. But it's done. It's over.
Day 86

I must say - I'm still a bit of a state from the whole thing. I have days where I'm not sure I even truly realize what has happened b/c everything happened so damned fast! Within 2months my life was turned upside down - sideways and back again. what a trip!

Now - I have my weekends back. I am a bit nervous as I haven't had to deal with them for the last 6 weeks...I have a plan in place though that I feel will help me navigate them in a healthy, sober way
to those people facing stuff like this...you CAN get through it. It's scary, degrading, humbling, embarrassing, gross, dirty, all those things. But there are lessons hidden within all those crappy parts. I found some already and polished them I know there are a few hiding still that will reveal themselves when the time is right.

Jups
Old 08-05-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

congratulations and welcome 'back' jups! I hope that through all of your time mind searching you learned a lot about yourself and how to go forward.

Looks like you'll be celebrating 90 this weekend. Don't forget to join us on the weekender thread.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:37 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Nice to see you back Jupiters. Last time I saw you post you were experiencing very bad back pain. Are you better? I have terrible back problems and I can't imagine having to sleep in jail. Guess it's true, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Thanks for sharing your story with us!