Notices

Fighting alcohol, medication & self esteem

Old 07-16-2014, 07:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Fighting alcohol, medication & self esteem

Hi I'm kahlia. I really need help to get sober. I'm on antabuse and seem to get through for a month then slip. My life revolves around alcohol so I don't know how to not just be sober so I find myself taking medication like Valium or panadine forte when going places. I suffer really low self esteem & truly need a support group to get me through tough times like now. I don't know If I have a partner anymore & if not that feels like life is over. My partner & I were fighting & I took 2 Valium skulled a quater of straight jd hit my head & ended up in hospital now have 2 black eyes & nearly lost my job. All cause I couldn't deal with fighting with my partner. I really need somewhere I can vent & at the same time help people who understand me .
Old 07-16-2014, 08:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

this site is helpful. keep checking in. welcome.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Youre in the perfect place. You get tons of support. Nonjudgemental understanding people. When i first joined, only 12 hours ago, i really needed to tell my story. I cant do that with "normal" people. They dont understand. Keep posting and reading.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kahlia01 View Post
I really need somewhere I can vent & at the same time help people who understand me .
You found the right place. I have only been here since Saturday and I have told things here that no one in my real life knows about. I was a closet drunk, although I'm sure people could tell. I did everything I could to hide the true extent of my drinking and while it did improve over the last year - improvement meaning going from drinking one rum and coke after another starting at school drop-off and into the evening - to drinking about 1-1.5 bottles of wine a day. Last week, I went on vacation and overdid it, got drunk in front of my kids and that was it. The last straw, because they aren't in diapers anymore, and I knew they would start to realize mom was a drunk loser.

Anyhow, welcome...here's to a new healthy life!
Old 07-17-2014, 03:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum kahlia!! It's great to have you onboard!!
Old 07-19-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Thank you so much everyone. I spoke to him yesterday I'm going home. Really bad anxiety too though. I know he will probably just ignore me but I have a job & need to be home for my animals. We both need to change I'm so scared he will get really drunk on Sunday & start his **** but I will just ignore it until we have the big talk. Feeling really lost & not wanting to drink but my biggest worry is what if?!! Gonna try & sleep & pray for the best