Notices

Hi. New and needing help.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Hi. New and needing help.

Hi,

I found this site purely by accident and I really hope it helps. I'm a 35 year old Mom of two. I have a boyfriend that I've been with for nearly two years, we live together. For the past nine months I have been struggling with binge drinking. I usually start at 5pm and don't stop until I either 1) Pass/Black out 2) Find my way to bed and then Pass/Black out. I hide this from my children and everyone else... except my boyfriend who is at his wits end with me. I had an "episode" two weeks ago and was certain that I'd lost him for good. I vowed to start working on getting myself in check. Two weeks went by, I did great. Then BAM! Last night I drank, again. I felt so guilty that I confessed to him (as I was not showing any behavior that indicated I was intoxicated).

I did it again. I broke my promise. I know now that I have to show him change and not just empty promises.

I need this for me. I need this for my children. I'm tired of being this wreck.

- Oddkins
Old 07-11-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR

You have found a great place for support. Folks here are very understanding because we have been down the same path of Alcohol Addiction.

Glad you found us
Old 07-11-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome! This is a wonderful place for support. I am a mom, too, and I am over 9 months sober. You can do this.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am 35 year old dad of a one year old daughter and in the same boat as you. My wife is at her wits end because of my hinding and binge drinking. I have come to the conclusion that I must stay sober for myself, my daughter and my wife. Too much to lose.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. So glad you found us. You can do this. Anytime you want a drink come here and read posts, post, go to chat. This is a great place to be.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's sounds very like me oddkins, I know how hard it is and how awful you must feel. There is hope though, I'm now in my seventh week alcohol free and it's had its ups and downs but I can honestly say I haven't been this happy in years.

There's lots of us who have alcohol problems and lots of support out there if you ask for it. You don't have to fight this on your own.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone

My guy came home about 20 minutes ago, smiling and not angry at me. Seeing him like that made a lot of the guilt and fears subside. I am truly a lucky gal for having someone like him stand by me through this.

This is day one. I can do this. I HAVE to do this.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
M&Mlover

Hi I am a Mom too and 77 days sober. I was doing a great job hiding my drinking, most nights I would pass out and go to bed. Twice in the past year I have completely passed out/blacked out in public, once landing in ER not remembering how I got there. I realized I needed to change or risk losing my family. I know I am better off but some days are so hard. I am hoping these forums will help me get through those tough times. I am happy to find people going thru the same thing. Thanks for listening
Old 07-11-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Oddkins, welcome to SR, it's a great site for help and advice. A lot of great people here with years of experience.

My husband was at his wits end and despair with me until I stopped drinking.

Stick with it, it's well worth it.xx
Old 07-11-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Oddkins!!

You'll find loads of support here on SR!! Everyone starts at a Day 1!! You can do this!!
Old 07-11-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey,

So glad you found us! I don't know what you are into but if AA sounds appealing then I really recommend lots of meetings! They are all different and have a great deal to offer.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Oddkins

D
Old 07-12-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
M&Mlover

Good Morning. I am grateful to wake up on another Saturday morning feeling good and not hungover! I have to remind myself everyday how good this feeling is.