Notices

Day 4!

Old 07-10-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4!

Well,
Made it to day 4 - onward to 5! Who is still with me??
Anxiety is still through the roof but tremors have finally stopped - been trying to focus on healthy eating.. signed up for my first 5k.. going to start training for that (even though I have the biggest lack of energy I have EVER had in my life and NEVER been a runner)

Last night was extremely rough for me, living alone during this time is a challenge, my mind races constantly and that is a dangerous thing. Made the wise decision and took myself to a 2 hour meeting - Just hope I can keep this up.. the demon liquid is still constantly on my mind.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 4!! Keep pushing through!!

I live on my own too and I know how hard it can be, the main thing is to be destracted, sitting on your own with nothing to do can be tough, so plan things into the evenings to take your mind off it all!!

You can do this!!
Old 07-10-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Congrats on 4 days, sounds like you're doing great! A 5K sounds like a great goal.

Originally Posted by xxzx29bxx View Post
the demon liquid is still constantly on my mind.
Drinking some of it makes this worse.

Keep at it and it will get better, I swear! One day in the future you will be getting ready for bed and you'll think hey, I didn't think about alcohol all day today. That rush of freedom is exhilirating.

You can do this!
Old 07-10-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 4 for me too. Liquid demon is also constantly on my mind. Last night, I locked myself in my bedroom from the moment I got home from work until this morning. Crying and white knuckling it. This morning, opened my eyes and the first thought is of drinking, the mental arguing, etc etc. Oh god, not again? Half of the reason I was able to hold on last night was because I kept telling myself tomorrow would be better. Pleeeeease not another day like that. Stay strong with me. I know it gets better if we just stick to it.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yay! In the early days it really helped me to get out of my head by calling people on the call list you get at meetings. Even if just to say "Hi" - it helped.

I also live alone. I'm happy to live alone, always have, but it was good for me when going through the early days since I slept and cried quite a lot. That would have been difficult if someone else was here.

Exercise is the best! Good for you for the 5K. They're fun
Old 07-10-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrrryah1 View Post
Day 4 for me too. Liquid demon is also constantly on my mind. Last night, I locked myself in my bedroom from the moment I got home from work until this morning. Crying and white knuckling it. This morning, opened my eyes and the first thought is of drinking, the mental arguing, etc etc. Oh god, not again? Half of the reason I was able to hold on last night was because I kept telling myself tomorrow would be better. Pleeeeease not another day like that. Stay strong with me. I know it gets better if we just stick to it.

I know the feeling all too well!! I have relapsed SOO many times in my life, I am sick of it. If it wasnt for this counseling group I found I wouldve been in your position also!
I refuse to be a disappointment to myself and others any longer. This is the first time I have openly admitted to ANYONE/ EVERYONE that I have been a full pledged alcoholic for YEARS (very high functioning one unfortunately) I think it helped.... I have ruined my life, relationships, my body, my jobs, never finished school. I couldve been something by now haha -- It will all come in time I suppose just have to focus on the prize!
We are all in this together!

One thing that has helped is counseling saying to stop putting a time or setting a goal for sobriety like "30 day challenge etc." I did that in the past and always relapsed.. Just have to take it one day at a time and worry about the current 24hrs..
Old 07-10-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm with you, slogging on through another day 4. have had the words of a song, actually a particular refrain from it, stuck in my head this time around:

Close your eyes, hang down your head
Until the fog blows away, let it roll away.
Open up your arms and feel the good,
It's a-comin', a brand new day.

The Rumor

seems like the fog has rolled on now and I'm trying to feel the good a little more each day.