Notices

I am at my lowest point

Old 06-30-2014, 12:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

How did you get through, trachemys? Vodka is my devil too.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Recognizing the problem is the first step. It's a big one.

There are many treatment options. AA is free with meetings all over the place.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

It's hard to explain. Last year, when I got out of hand, I searched far and wide and found a method and got support from this place. I did good for a while, then fell and nearly died. I started fighting my way back. Got a job, moved, managed to stay in control until they downsized me. Wandered back an forth between sobiety, moderation, and full-fledged abuse.

In my sober moments, I was researching and analyzing. Figured out what I needed to do. Told my parents and sisters that, and as as soon as I got employed and insured I would put my plan in motion. A month later, they recognized that I was going downhill again. They said they would pay for my plan as long as I did it NOW.

One office visit later, I had a plan, a backup plan, and a prescription. I'm keeping my demon down with Rational Recovery, AVRT, and an anti-depressant. Just as I switched crutches from cigarettes to e-cigs to stop killing myself, I'll switch from booze to meds. If I'm lucky the a-d will help me kick nicotine and when I feel ready I can get of the meds.

You have to take advantage of the sober moments to take action. When you're drinking, the last thing you want to do is stop. You have to take advantage of everything you have access to so you only have to do this once. Once you're clear of it, you will be a bigger asset to the company. Once you're clear of it, you'll be a happier, healthier person.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Vodka was what got me...why don't you give AA a try, it's saved a lot of lives and your job wouldn't have to know.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:28 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

So this is my true Day 1... I'm gonna make it through the workday without going crazy... and then I am going to come home and make tilapia for dinner... and then I am going to GO TO A MEETING instead of crack open a bottle! I can do this!!
Old 07-01-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Now that's an amazing plan!!!