Notices

Relapsed

Old 06-27-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

What I meant by poison the soul was that I feel my behavior on alcohol has a corrupting effect on the best part of me. I am agnostic personally. To be honest my higher power is a beloved literary character. I know he's not real. But it links me to compassion, love, humor, wisdom, whimsy, creativity. I have finally figured out step 2 is about restablishing hope. Bleh, sorry...I'm so emotional right now.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

AnotherAlkie, I'm so curious about the literary character now, may I ask who it is?

Best wishes on your journey, you will get yourself back and the need to apologize will go away. There is definitely hope, and you're further along than you may think!
Old 06-27-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Alcohol and drugs ate my soul. In the end I had no soul, no morals, no spirituality. It was through this darkness and with the guidance of what I now call my higher power that I was led to SR, AA and some key people that allowed me to change everything about me.

Welcome. In the beginning I put one foot in front of the other and was in fact crazy. I thought I needed to impress everyone on this website and literally was insane in early sobriety. My false bravado came through and I had my share of battles, lol and scars.

Its a journey, one worth taking.

What helped me was being honest, willing and open. These three pillars allowed me to change everything about my life. I now try to do the next right thing and a new World has opened up before my eyes.

Lastly be gentle on yourself in early days. Don't run out and try to make amends for the guilt you may feel. Like I said, I was crazy in the early days and paid for things later that I thought were right early on.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnotherAlkie View Post
What I meant by poison the soul was that I feel my behavior on alcohol has a corrupting effect on the best part of me. I am agnostic personally. To be honest my higher power is a beloved literary character. I know he's not real. But it links me to compassion, love, humor, wisdom, whimsy, creativity.
Spot on!
Old 06-27-2014, 09:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
Sure, y ou can believe in a higher power. For example; believing in nature is one Iv'e hear. Beliving in Hindusim, or Buddisim is another.Another one is in believing in nothing.
Nice to have all those options. What I was asking is what path have you chosen and how well is it working for you? What is your experience?
Old 06-28-2014, 04:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by melki View Post
AnotherAlkie, I'm so curious about the literary character now, may I ask who it is?

Best wishes on your journey, you will get yourself back and the need to apologize will go away. There is definitely hope, and you're further along than you may think!
Dumbledore from Harry Potter. "Numbing the pain will make it worse when you finally feel it" and "There will be a time in all of our lives when we must choose between what is right and what is easy." I feel very weak right now but these help.