Notices

Day 19 but kinda bored and reatless

Old 06-13-2014, 10:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm feeling like I've made quite an accomplishment being nearly 3 weeks without a beer, but it isn't all rosy! I have periods where I'm just so bored but not feeling passionate about doing the things that I once loved. I know it will get better and I am going to keep on track, but I'm betting not alone in my feelings? Not really depressed just need to find the passion again!
Old 06-13-2014, 10:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's still early days, in my first month I didn't have much energy or drive for very much, vegetated in front of the TV and online games, just passing time, but then one day I felt like going for a walk, getting out into the fresh air and doing things, it will come with time as the body adjusts!!

Hang in there, 3 weeks is fantastic!!
Old 06-13-2014, 10:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Irma,

Today is Day 22 for me and there are some days I just want to go home and crawl into bed. Last night I was bored so I forced myself to go on a bike ride. I went to parts of my neighborhood I have never been in. It helped lift the boredom feeling but you are not alone. What we are accomplishing is life changing and so for the better that I try to keep that in mind when I am restless.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang tight, Irma; your body, mind and spirit are re-adjusting, rebalancing. It will get better; it is early yet.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

3 weeks is a great accomplishment, great job. As others have said, it takes time to undo all the damage we did by drinking - and it will get better, stay strong!
Old 06-13-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks all. I knew I would get the best support and encouragement here I'm pretty good at getting myself to do stuff during the day, evenings are harder still. I call it my brain being lazy due to the quick, though momentary and self defeating, fix beer provided for so long. Thanks again!
Old 06-13-2014, 12:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Three weeks is great! I hope the boredom leaves and passion comes back quickly.