Notices

First thoughts

Old 06-09-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First thoughts

Every morning I wake up and the first thoughts that run through my head are...did I drink last night? Am I hungover today? Does anyone else ask themselves these questions first thing when they wake up? I've fooled myself into thinking I'm not an alcoholic for quite sometime now but I think the signs have gotten too big to ignore. After a crazy night of drinking on Saturday night I spent the whole day yesterday on the sofa and posted for the first time. I can't limit my drinking anymore I have to quit completely. This is it, my journey begins right now.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I used to have those feelings, but i don't anymore. You don't have to either, congrats on making the decision to make a great change in your life.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome.
I had those thoughts a lot in my early sobriety. I even woke up with a 'false' hangover a few times.
I was so drunk for so long it took my body and mind a time to adjust with life without alcohol.
I could never limit my drinking, either. I was a sad, pathetic drunk who went from being the life of the party to drinking mostly alone. It was sad.

Best to you and your journey, it only gets better.