Notices

My husband

Old 06-07-2014, 04:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

We have had a good chat today. He says he loves me and supports me during my recovery but that I seem like a totally different person. I get that. I've gone from getting wasted every night to drinking tea and in bed by 10pm!

I do think he needs external support. I'm still waiting on my second referral to the local service but have my GP appointment Monday.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by afloatsober View Post
I found that one of the benefits of having face to face support was that it took the pressure off my partner. Otherwise all they got was my struggle, my recovery, my progress etc etc... I was using my partner as therapist, sponsor, sober friend, confidant and sometime GP. No wonder she got tired of it. Especially since she could never fully understand the illness!!. Now i share most of that stuff with fellow recovering alcoholics. G
Good points, share your struggles with other alcoholics who understand, but also share the positive results with your husband, how you feel better, no hangover, better wife and mother etc.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gvrecovery View Post
Good points, share your struggles with other alcoholics who understand, but also share the positive results with your husband, how you feel better, no hangover, better wife and mother etc.
Thank you. This site has been amazing and it helps so much knowing there are others who understand the struggle to have sobriety in life. I'm determined though, I will be a better wife and mother.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by Needinghelp82 View Post
Thank you. This site has been amazing and it helps so much knowing there are others who understand the struggle to have sobriety in life. I'm determined though, I will be a better wife and mother.
You're already on the road that leads to this, Needinghelp

I know I'm definitely a better partner now I'm not drinking. I'm far less selfish now
Old 06-07-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadLump View Post
You're already on the road that leads to this, Needinghelp

I know I'm definitely a better partner now I'm not drinking. I'm far less selfish now
I feel like a better mum for certain. I also feel how much improved my work will be when I return next week. I just need to make sure that I stay on this path.

I've made soup from scratch today which is good - I've been too hungover the past few months to make proper dinners so that's good.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

AA has been very helpful to meas well. Funny how people don't like you when you drink but when you stop I think it makes them feel threatened in a way and then they still have issues with you. Maybe they are the ones with the issues????