Notices

Newbie Roll Call

Old 09-18-2004, 03:34 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi Joey and Kiva,
This is a great place to come to when you need encouragement or advice!I'm pretty new here myself but now I find it hard to imagine getting through what I've come through without the support and love shown by the people on this forum.All of whom are facing or have faced what we now must overcome.It gets better as the days go by.Tomorrow will be three weeks for me!I hope you keep coming back because the people here are the greatest!
Old 09-20-2004, 07:41 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

hi everyone!!!

i just can't stay sober.i'm off to see my m.d.in about ten minutes to talk to him about naltrexone,it's a drug that is supposed to stop your craving. has anyone had any experience with it.

peace and love
wild bill
Old 09-20-2004, 10:36 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Paused

Welcome everyone, new and old. It's great to see everyone coming here.

(((Joey & Kiva))) Hang in there and keep coming back.

(((Richie))) I'm glad you are getting the support you need. Great job on your sober days. There stacking up well.

(((Wild bill))) I have heard of the drug before. I did some research on it and it sounds as if it could be effective. It may help until you get yourself level and strong, both mind and body. I think you will still need to find some tools and programs to learn to change your drinking behavior. The more tools you have, the better. FYI, I asked my DR. about naltrexone and I couldn't get it. My insurance wouldn't cover it. It was a cost issue, no big surprise. The drug has shown promise in helping alcoholism, therefore the cost are over inflated and insurance co. don't want to pay for it. I won't get started on that. Done...that's alright, I'm doing fine without it. I wish you luck with your dr. appt. today, I hope you find something that works for you soon. I'm sure you're ready to get off the awful roller coaster ride. Take care...I'm thinking about you. Keep us posted.

Talia
Old 09-20-2004, 11:30 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Day 6!!! Congratulations to everyone here!! You are all doing great. Keep coming back, you are worth it!
Old 09-20-2004, 02:40 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

[[[[todazymuse]]]]

i got the naltrexone ,took my start dose and am sitting here sober at 5.22pm.it's a miracle.fyi i went through an intensive outpatient program at a local re-hab clinic this summer and then counseling 1on 1 for a while along with aa meetings.i have a sponser but i keep relapsing. i hope this helps. naltrexone is not somthing that you take forever just for 2or 3 months until i "get myself myself level and strong,both mind and body.
"

love and peace
wild bill

Last edited by wild bill; 09-21-2004 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:03 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

girlfriend of recovering coke addict (9 months clean) here. Finding this group is a Godsend. Thank you all
Old 09-20-2004, 06:13 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

7 months tomorrow!
Old 09-21-2004, 05:21 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Gratefull day 11

Hi everyone, day 11. Good to see all the positive energy in these threads.

Still a day at a time. Seeing life diiferently in so many ways, good and bad on a variety of spectrums.

Happy to be here with eyes wide open.

Congrats to everyone

wwd
Old 09-21-2004, 09:14 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Day 2

Matt
Old 09-21-2004, 02:21 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Hi All !!!

Day Two Sober And Loving It.the Naltrexone Is Working GrrREAT.Started With A Half Dose Yesterday And It Worked So Well I Decided To Stay With It.i Have No Desire To "pick Up".have A Great,sober Evening.

Peace And Love

Wild Bill
Old 09-21-2004, 02:26 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

New

Eric here, not sober, well, I have been for 24 hours, been doing vicodin for over two years. Trying to find out how to navigate this site, just registered. Hoping someone is out there that has been through what I will be going through.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:35 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  
Paused

(((Eric)))

Welcome, I'm glad you've joined us. Great news on your 24 hrs. We have to start somewhere. You took the initiative and took control. Good for you. Check out the NA forum. There are plenty of folks there who can relate to what your dealing with. Keep us updated on your progress. Good luck...

Talia
Old 09-22-2004, 07:24 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eric 1
Eric here, not sober, well, I have been for 24 hours, been doing vicodin for over two years. Trying to find out how to navigate this site, just registered. Hoping someone is out there that has been through what I will be going through.

Hey Eric,

Just quit Tramadol about 60 days ago, It's trade name is Ultram, I'm sure you've heard of it- never thought is was addictive- It was absolute hell. I was using it for over two years- told myself if was OK since it wasn't a scheduled narcotic. NOT!( I had problems with Vicodin, etc. . . before that). I am so glad to be off of that stuff, finally, but know that I am in danger of relapsing at anytime.

Hang in there!
Old 09-22-2004, 08:46 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Candabear

CJ. 23 years old. Girlfriend of an addict who is trying her best to have a greater understanding of the addition and a greater understanding of codependancy.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:38 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Day Seven Sober, The Naltrexone Seems To Be Working Fine.i Feel So Good I Can't Beleave It.

Peace ,love,and Sobriety.

Wild Bill
Old 09-26-2004, 12:06 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Hi my name is Diana. I am a grateful recovering alcoholic/addict here with 37 days clean and sober(second time around). I attend meetings twice a week, read, pray and benefit from SR.
Every day brings new challenges, but I feel I have a toolbox of tools now, thanks to SR to handle the challenges.
Thank you so much for being here with me
Old 09-26-2004, 06:17 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm Heather, alcoholic. Second time around (and last!) in recovery. Glad I found this place. 3 days sober!
Old 09-28-2004, 03:08 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Hi All !!!!

9 Days Sober And Counting.

Peace,love, And Sobriety.

Wild Bill
Old 09-28-2004, 03:16 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Paused

Old 09-28-2004, 04:22 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa