Notices

Day 4

Old 05-29-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4

Wow ... sleep, blessed sleep. Woke up early 5am but just rolled over and went back to sleep. I haven't been able to do that since the last time I quit drinking. I feel SO much better today, less fuzzy, not shaking, stomach not tied up in knots. This is good ... really, really good. I need to hold on to this feeling, appreciate this feeling, be grateful for this feeling. When the day comes that I feel "it's ok to have a drink" (and I KNOW that day will come), I need to come back and read this post to remind myself. And all my other early posts that show the desperation of how I felt. I cannot forget that nor become complacent about it.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is most definitely something to be grateful for. Real sleep, real meals, no hangover, tasks get completed,
work suddenly isn't so bad, etc. It's that dreaded "day" to beware of. I will read this post also when that day comes. After many failures, I'm ready to stop for good. Thanks.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day four.
That was always the killer day for me. All the things you described, so figured I could drink again.
Good idea coming back and reading your previous posts.
I also remember those days when I woke up hungover. The fear anxiety and remorse.
Remember, you never have to feel that way again.
Good going, it only gets better one day at a time.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hokey View Post
Woke up early 5am but just rolled over and went back to sleep. I haven't been able to do that since the last time I quit drinking.
Me too. Before l would wake up early and start thinking about stressful stuff and I couldnt get back too sleep. Now l Just roll over and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......
Old 05-29-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Way to go on day 4. It is good be sober. I am so glad you are feeling better. I love your attitude. It is a winning attitude for sure.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats!!!! :d
Old 05-29-2014, 01:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

keep at it hokey, and never forget it - don't fall for that "I'm okay now" trap.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for all your words of encouragement. I received a phone call yesterday which, although sad, was yet another affirmation of why I am doing this. An acqaintance of mine passed away yesterday. It is being openly blamed on a viral infection, but she has been a heavy drinker her entire life. She got ill, and her kidneys and liver (her SECOND liver, I might add) just shut down. "There, but for the grace of God, go I ..." I do NOT want that ... I want to live ... sober and happy.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Hokey, looks like we are on the same day. Lets do this thing...huh. We can you know! This is our last day 4. Think about that... When I look back and honestly evaluate my life and times, I find something unexpected. All the good times I was supposed to be having drinking with my friends, family...whoever, pale in comparison to the really fond memories that I have. Some of them the greatest moments of my life. And in none of those moments was I drinking or drunk!
Old 05-29-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dirk626 View Post
Hey Hokey, looks like we are on the same day. Lets do this thing...huh. We can you know! This is our last day 4. Think about that... When I look back and honestly evaluate my life and times, I find something unexpected. All the good times I was supposed to be having drinking with my friends, family...whoever, pale in comparison to the really fond memories that I have. Some of them the greatest moments of my life. And in none of those moments was I drinking or drunk!
I think were the same day back in November's class lol..! Gonna make it work this time dirk ... yes ... we CAN and WILL do this! Onward!!!