Notices

Feeling Worthless

Old 05-26-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling Worthless

After my binge last night, I'm feeling worthless today and it's terrible. Any kind words would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-26-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassions, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.”

Rooting for you! you can do this! btw it's common to feel like 'crap' after a binge regardless of what you did during it. Alcohol is a mood depressant. Rehydrate and get some rest. You'll feel better tomorrow hopefully
Old 05-26-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are not worthless. Today, you are sober. To be sober is to have something to be proud of. Tomorrow you will be on Day Two. You can proudly post that here and we will tell you that you are doing great. After that, the days will add up and you will have more and more to feel good about. You just have to believe and you have to focus outside of yourself to the big wide world that is just waiting to be discovered by you. None of us find happiness staring into a glass. We are wounded but we are prepared to fight for a better life.

Good luck. X
Old 05-26-2014, 02:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Realising my life

The fact that you feel worthless, AlliH, is a measure of just how much you want to change and be sober If you were really worthless, you wouldn't feel bad at all!

You've had the guts to come straight back on here and tell us all about it and to re-commit to sobriety - that's something to be proud of
Old 05-26-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You are not worthless. Get back up on the wagon and hang on for dear life this time.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are most certainly not worthless.
I never was able to turn shame and guilt into something positive. It just led me to start drinking again in a failed attempt to forget that worthless feeling. It is a terrible cycle. Don't drink today, feel proud tomorrow, and turn that pride into motivation.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

That's what our old pal alcohol does for us. Steals our self-respect and humanity. Enslaves us.

Break the chains.

Freedom awaits.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your words of support. I am not good at dealing with these emotions and this is helpful. I just need a lot of encouragement right now.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Here, have a hug Alli . It's over now - and you're ready to get back on track. Sometimes we need a little more convincing - I know I did. We're all here for you, and we know you can do this.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by AlliH View Post
Thank you all for your words of support. I am not good at dealing with these emotions and this is helpful. I just need a lot of encouragement right now.
Here when you need us, AlliH. We understand
Old 05-26-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you guys! I wish I had somebody to give me a hug in person, lol. I know this is going to get better, it's just so hard right now!
Old 05-26-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Awwwwww. Another hug for you!

Bear hug the next person that walks through your door - I'm sure they will appreciate it as well. Hugs are great.

Hunker down with a blanket, some water and maybe a nice tea and watch something fun or inspiring.

And remember that tomorrow will be new. Open eyes, brand new.

Hang in there

Old 05-26-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you! I wish you all were closer! I wish I had more people around me who understood what I'm trying to accomplish!
Old 05-26-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You are not worthless but I've no doubt you feel that way. Might want to remember the way you feel now as you move forward.

Can't change the past but we sure as heck can learn from it.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

We are not our addiction and we are not just what we do.

You've recommitted to recovery, you're learning the lessons from last night, and looking for better solutions.

That all sounds good to me Alli

D
Old 05-26-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the kind words. I am presently trying to cope with this addiction. Your support really does mean the world to me and I am so happy to be a part of this community. You all make this so much easier.