Notices

My son is a meth addict

Old 05-19-2014, 11:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My son is a meth addict

My 27 year old son is a meth addict. We were always so very close and now he avoids me, the rest of his family and most of his friends. My heart is breaking. I am at a loss as what to do. No insurance and he has said he wouldn't go to a detox or rehab if he did. He actually tells me he stopped just to shut me up, but his behavior leads me to feel he is still using. As far as I can assume I think this has been going on at least a year and a half.... I'm consumed with worry. I've never cried so much in all my life.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear that . It breaks my heart as a Mum , myself .
I'm sure someone who has more experience with meth can give you more support than i can .

Thinking of you xxxx
Old 05-19-2014, 11:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Wu Wei

If I may offer advice...Your peace of mind will not come through him or his actions either good or bad. Your peace of mind will come in spite of him and his actions. Or for that matter anyone or anyone's actions. This stress, worry and fear is not about them, it's about you. I know this sounds harsh but the only problem you can do anything about is yourself. Others in the same situation can help give you the tools to be happy in spite of what is going on around you. Sound impossible? It is for us but not for the higher power.

I am sorry you are in so much pain though. We are here to help. We Care.
Try connecting to others that are going through the same thing.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank You.

I appreciate your writings SnoozyQ and EternalNow. It helps. Thank You.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sunny , i think there are other threads you can go to re your situation. Stay posting and do lots of reading here in the forums hun. I'm sure you will find someone to identify with.

I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time . Just remember , it's not your son talking to you , it's his addiction.

Much love and good luck
Old 05-21-2014, 12:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am really sorry to hear this. Meth is an absolutely awful drug, perhaps the worst there is. I wish you luck, and hope that there can be a happy ending.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Sunny,

I have a few friends who are currently struggling with meth addictions. What behaviors lead you to believe he is still using?
Old 05-22-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I myself was a meth addict for almost 2 years. I lost everything over this terrible addiction including custody of my daughter. My own mother had me arrested and I was SO upset with her at first but after being in jail for 45 days I knew I had a problem. If my mom didn't do what she did I wouldn't be where I am today. I just graduated from a drug court program and am slowly earning trust back from family and friends.

I suggest you put him in rehab whether he wants it or not.