Notices

Sleep Issues - Oldy Moldy Problem I Know

Old 05-19-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Sleep Issues - Oldy Moldy Problem I Know

I thought I was going to escape sleep issues this time around. Oh last night was just awful and I am trying not to use anything (like Z-Quil).

I went to bed at 9:30 because I felt so darn tired but couldn't sleep. I got up and went down to my studio and made stuff down there until midnight. Then I had to get up at 5AM for work but was already waking up about 4:15. Ack!

I know this has been answered a hundred million times, but about how long does it take before sleep patterns return to semi normality?
Old 05-19-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Try to drink ayran.

How to Make Ayran (Turkish Yogurt Drink): 6 Steps (with Pictures))
Old 05-19-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

In the first month especially I felt like I had some illness - and I guess I really did. Some days the tiniest thing would be on my mind, I would spend the day worrying about it and then sleep for 14 hours. Some days I would sleep until 1:00-3:00AM and then be wide awake and have to get up for an hour or so, have some hot chocolate and then I could sleep.

If you're getting 4-5 hours in a stretch one day and then sleeping for 12 hours on another day, that's what I was doing. Second month - much better. Now, almost to the end of month three I'm able to go to bed and wake up at the same time every day with one bathroom trip in the exact middle of the night.

Oh, is this the way it is supposed to be? It's wonderful.

Just hang in there, it is a bit of a roller coaster for a while.

I also find that a little bit of exercise every day helps tremendously in mood and sleep - plus limiting caffeine to mornings only and trying to eat a balanced diet.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Thanks for the info. I used to think that it was the alcohol that helped me sleep but I rarely felt good the next morning or even like I had a good night's sleep.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ElleDee View Post
I know this has been answered a hundred million times, but about how long does it take before sleep patterns return to semi normality?
It took a couple of weeks for me - the worst part was I started to get the involuntary leg spasms after four days which kept me from getting to sleep and when I did manage it, they'd wake me up despite being very tired. I avoided caffine and had warm milk and a banana before bed - YMMV, but in my mind it seemed to help a bit and eventually it lessened and got much better.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are some common sense tips here Elle:
10 tips to beat insomnia - Live Well - NHS Choices
D