Notices

Should I be concerned?

Old 05-21-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
nmd

Originally Posted by keysdisease View Post
...1 was all that was available, one was all I had.
I usually manage to keep it to 1/2 on nights where I'm really busy and need to get to bed for work the next day, have tons of things to get ready for the kids, etc. For me though, one beer one night quickly creeps back to every day drinking, and then when there is a night when I do have the time, and more the 1 is available... bam! I never stick to my limits, I drink when I go into a night/weekend telling myself I won't drink.

Congrats on your bike ride/vacation though, looks like a good time! Imagine how good it would feel it you got through it with nothing to drink?
Old 05-21-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Looks like a wonderful trip. But do be careful. You can see by how long I have been around that one drink can easily turn into years of a rollercoaster ride with alcohol.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:09 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you it was fun.

And I am being very wary of not rollercoastering as I have read here many folks experiencing that situation.
I have had none since dealing with the cravings but increased health and just feeling better all around is helping to avoid the return to nightly binge drinking. Life is difficult enough right now without trying to battle it through fog and hangover laden brain cells
:-)
This site to and all the experiences and info contained here is very very helpful!
Old 05-21-2014, 07:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Glad you are so up-beat and all the best to you! I know that I could personally not drink just one glass of wine, which was my poison, and get away with it. All the best to you though of course!
Old 05-21-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Well the fact there where only enough for each of us to have 1, and being many many miles out of town on unfamiliar dark and wet roads .....and only transport being my motorcycle....self preservation overloaded the need for more. BUT I will not ALWAYS be in that exact position , so diligence is best. :-)