Notices

Fed up and lonely

Old 05-10-2014, 12:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fed up and lonely

It's Saturday night...after 8 pm and I am at home with my mom.

I am as the title suggests...

I was looking at Facebook, and quickly logged out as it seems that everyone is having an exciting Saturday night.

The rain is lashing and the wind is howling.

My mom and I just had a row and she was screaming at me that "you're so irresponsible". In the past I actually would have cried when she gets into one of her rages, but tonight I just stayed calm and said "I am sorry that you feel that way but..." she actually calmed down and asked if I wanted a cup of tea!!

I was just rooting through a cupboard looking for chocolate...and I found a green glass bottle of olive oil. For a split second I thought wouldn't it be nice if this was wine? I am over six months and this is the first time in a while that I have had this kind of thought. It caught me by surprise. Six months is too long to flush away.

I don't know what to do with myself right now. Sorry for rambling but thanks for reading...
Old 05-10-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I LOVE when it's pouring rain and stormy out. Unfortunately all it does is make me want wine to go with it. I've switched to tea and whenever I'm drinking it all I can think is how much I wish it could be wine too lol 6 months is great!!
Old 05-10-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Right there with you tonight tetra! I have six months too. Let's just pretend we can't the stupid AV!
Old 05-10-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You're doing so well. There's nothing that a drink will make better.
I get lonely and fed up too. But, I no longer drink over it. It's a part of life. I'd rather be alone and fed up than drunk and alone and fed up.

Best to you. This to shall pass and congratulations on six months.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Chin up Tetra!! . . . 6 months is Fantastic!!

May I say, your mom is wrong, you are responsible, for 6 months you have been disciplined, strong willed and maintained your Sobriety!! . . . if that isn't responsible then what is and your mom doesn't understand that!!

But it's not her fault, it's a difference in perspective, just be confident in your own convictions!!
Old 05-10-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

keep going. the craving will pass and you will be 6 month and 1 day! rooting for you!
Old 05-10-2014, 06:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If you are unhappy, you do have the power to change your circumstances...
Your own home, your own choices to live as you like.
Work towards this?
Old 05-10-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I will have the power soon...when I get a job.

Still looking, still getting interviews and still hoping x
Old 05-10-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Tetra, I have no earthly idea whom you are. I have never met you; I have never conversed with you for a single moment; but, I LOVE YOU! That's right. I love you and care about you! I have been out of work as well (6 months). The interviews come, but the offers don't? (am I right?). It's ok! Coming from a newbie this sounds stupid, but I want you to be happy. Don't drink! You have something so precious that many of us can't even dream of having. It hurts I am sure; but it hurts worse at the bottom, doesn't it? Keep it GOING!
Old 05-11-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Tetra, drinking will not help to get you a job!. Instead of drinking try to enjoy the time you have off work (treat it like its a vacation) and keep looking. Maybe send out more applications. Drinking and going back will not land you the job and change your life for the better. At least in my experience it never did.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Tetra, 6 months sober is FANTASTIC, congratulations. Just suffer through it, tuff it out. Even the fed up and lonely will go away with time. Rootin for ya.