Notices

Feelings of gratefulness!

Old 05-04-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feelings of gratefulness!

Has anyone been so passionate about strengthening their bond to there family thru a higher power? I have! I went into rehab on the 10th of April. Not really having any general reason why i went. Or so i thought! After being in the program for the first time on my own accord. (No courts influence.) I really had the feeling deep down inside that i needed to be clean. The program i chose was the 12 step program at (CVH Arizona). I started out as not knowing how i got there. I then remembered it was because i had put the women of my dreams through hell for 9 years. Such hell she didn't want to live her own life anymore... (Mejo) I was completely swallowed by my addiction and the darkness that i chose to surround myself with. I was so swallowed i couldn't even see my wife dying or wanting to die right before my eyes.
While i was at CVH i had what a lot of people call a spiritual awakening. I have always believed in a HP. But this was a different awakening for me. I prayed with the Chaplin at CVH for about 4 hours. (I balled my eyes out the entire time.) I turned my will and gave my power over to a HP. I got down on my hands and knees begging for help to save me from my addiction and darkness. I knew inside i was completely broken. I had had enough of the chaotic times in my life. I was ready for someone else to drive. So i asked GOD please let me lay all my crap at your feet, and please allow me to turn my will and power over to you!!!! After i said those few words i felt the weight lift off my chest. All i could think about after that was my HP, my children and my wife. And the fact that God has given me another chance to make up for the last 9 years of hell i put them through. He gave me the rest of my life to try and make up for the screaming, hatefulness, betrayal, deceit,lies, adultery, and disrespect i did to my family. That thought in it self has given me the strength, power, and hope to pray every second of everyday, asking him to guide me through the rest of my time here on earth. Respecting, loving, worshiping, and caring for every last second with my beautiful wife and family. I get instructions from god every morning when i pray to him for the gratefulness to share every second with them.
So new comers share in the gratefulness starting with your HP 1st. It is the best thing that has ever happened to this addict/ alcoholic. Thanks
Old 05-04-2014, 08:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear things are getting better for you SoberApril

D
Old 05-22-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I love this post.