Notices

your courage is propelling me to find mine

Old 05-04-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

your courage is propelling me to find mine

I know I am a problem drinker if not an alcoholic. I cannot stop after a couple, and 8-12 beers is a normal drinking night. I do not drink nightly, but at least three nights a week. Three days ago, while hungover, I decided to take a break. I have had a great weekend with my two young children and husband as a result. I am not ready to divulge my darkest secrets but must say I am grateful to all that have. I stumbled upon this site three days ago and can honestly say I "get" what my husband has been trying to tell me. I am in a really bad spot right now, but for the first time I do not hate myself for it. Instead I am finding inspiration and strength as I read your stories. My hope is to figure out my "story" because I do not think I have too much real insight as to who I am.
I would like to think I could socially drink, but am simply proud I made it a whole weekend and hope to make it longer until I can try to figure out where I lost control and why. Thanks to all!
Old 05-04-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR whatcouldbe

You'll find a lot of support, and understanding, here

D
Old 05-04-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I think you have made a great decision for yourself and your family. Congratulations on three days sober!

Most of us here have found that we needed to separate completely from alcohol. The sooner one lets go of ideas like "social drinking," the better.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rar

Welcome whatcouldbe. It's great you have a couple of alcohol free days already. Stay close to the forum, read and post as much as you can. You will find caring support and wisdom here.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Welcome to SR! Proud of your sober weekend as well.

I'm day5 and determined to keep going. So much to discover. So much to figure out how to do without the haze. This forum and contributions means everything to me right now as I navigate.

Hang in there! That whole losing control thing kind of snuck up on me as well.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

After waking up day three sober, feeling I can conquer the day!! No haze on a monday helps!! Thanks again!