Notices

Feeling flat and hurt.

Old 04-25-2014, 02:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling flat and hurt.

Hi everyone I met a friend at my gym and our daughters play together. Straight off I told this lady I'm in recovery and I told her my whole history for example I was addicted to ADHD medication dexies there speed based pills. I was briefly addicted in my teenage years, anyway this lady is ADHD and used to be medicated with this exact pill. So after telling this lady all of my past she said she doesn't mind and will support me in our friendship, so fast forward two months She messages me today asking me if I want to buy her last bottle of dexies off her for $500 dollars . I said no way and reminded her off our conversation . She was slightly offish towarards my decision and now I'm feeling she is not who I thought she was, thanks for listening I just had to let it out thanks all .
Old 04-25-2014, 03:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thats sad, Savarna. I hope someone is in her child's life who can protect her. Sounds like mom is still using, to me.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

She isn't a addict or alcoholic the pills were prescribed for her condition but she knows the pills are used for normal people to get high
Old 04-25-2014, 03:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi I've come across this before and I think it's the lowest of the low. You'd be wise to stay well away from her. Congratulations on handling the temptation.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've had people try to sell me stuff at an NA meeting. Nothing surprises me anymore.