Notices

Bad bad deeam...

Old 04-21-2014, 09:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bad bad deeam...

K nearly mid night where I am. Took some Tylenol cold medicine before bed and maybe recovery overload.... But I was just awaken by the most bizarre and jaw clenching dream--
A women's retreat in a cabin style location, that had a slide/roller coaster that was real scary, but was a trust exercise. A girl friend of mine from aa that I have recently had a falling out with was there, and she had a very very hard time with the ride. Like hyperventilating hard-- after the exercise was over I told her I was proud of her, and she put her hand on mine and told me she really needed to hear that, because I get it. Anyways, for some reason after the exercises were done for the night, our husbands appeared. A few of them were outside drinking (weird, idk what kind of retreat this was) and my daughter was there. I was gonna go outside and smoke a cig, but she needed me, so I hung with her, I watched the group outside from a window and an altercation arose, next thing I know we are ducking for cover and gun shots are being fired. The one thing I saw that I remember was a sign that said, they messed with weed, may the find a way to like this..... And then gunfire again....

It startled me so much, I made my daughter come into my bed. I am not going to sit an analyze. I'm going back to bed, but for anyone who is reading this, please leave your analogy. This is def laced with layers of
Recovery on multiple levels...

Back to bed.... Night
Old 04-21-2014, 10:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi ontherightpath - I don't do the dream analysis thing, but I wanted to let you know that dreams and even nightmares are very common in early recovery.

The good news is they don't tend to stay around too long

I hope you can have restful sleep for the rest of the night

D

ps I'm not familiar with Tylenol Cough mixture, but if it contains Diphenhydramine that may explain some of your dream. It can cause hallucinations or delerium, especially if you're sensitive to its effects or took a hefty dose
Old 04-22-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can't analyze your dream except for this: You had an outlandish dream. Sometimes they happen. Try not to read too much into it.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
I can't analyze your dream except for this: You had an outlandish dream. Sometimes they happen. Try not to read too much into it.
Yeah, thanks. I'm not reading into it....
Old 04-22-2014, 09:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi ontherightpath - I don't do the dream analysis thing, but I wanted to let you know that dreams and even nightmares are very common in early recovery. The good news is they don't tend to stay around too long I hope you can have restful sleep for the rest of the night D ps I'm not familiar with Tylenol Cough mixture, but if it contains Diphenhydramine that may explain some of your dream. It can cause hallucinations or delerium, especially if you're sensitive to its effects or took a hefty dose
First time taking this med. most likely the last. Lol
Old 04-22-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

On a previous quit, I had trouble with insomnia and started taking Melatonin. For some reason, I had the most horrific and terrifying dreams ever on that! Dreams sure can leave you feeling worn out and confused, can't they? This time around, I had a few in the first week or two but it's sporadic now. The drinking dreams are the worst...
Old 04-22-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
EndGame

On the surface, it seems like a positive dream to me. In the end, it's the associations that the dreamer arrives at that determines its meaning.

Learning how to trust, connecting with a friend with whom you had a falling out who is also in recovery, being a good mother by tending to your daughter and, in turn, your finding comfort in being with her.

The dangers of "going back out," and the progression of the affliction: the more the men drink, the more dangerous the situation becomes, marked buy gunshots and the like.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah, I kind of came to a conclusion that thru it I was doing the right thing.... And them bam... Chaos on the outside. Enough to scare the crap out of me!
Old 04-22-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My sober dreams are insanely crazy and vivid. I hope they calm down to something normal soon!