Notices

A Vent

Old 04-21-2014, 10:29 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

**** the destroyer! man o man, deedee, you got some powerful back up! (or is that Shiva?)

much love to you my dear friend!

LeeLee
Old 04-21-2014, 10:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

I'm w/ MMB coz you've always replied my pm's sooner than expected-no lying or covering up. THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO!
Old 04-21-2014, 11:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, for all you do. You and the others keep this place running and I am so thankful.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovemesomeokra View Post
Whoa, Dude! It never even crossed my mind to PM you, I just assumed that it wasn't cool given that you are so present and so giving and so over-the-top wise on the threads. Thanks for being, Dee, you've helped me more than you'll prob ever know.
I second this, lol!

And it sounds insidious to a degree, but I somehow garnered a bit of gleeful satisfaction from this thread. In my newbie mind, Dee is superhuman. He has metamorphosed, he is the butterfly; I am the caterpillar who has lost its ability to cocoon and transform. In other words, I have all the problems, Dee has none. (I know intellectually this is irrational, but that's how it FEELS.)

That being said, to read this vent actually adds credibility to my sobriety; it reaffirms that sobriety is not perfection, that moods do not only occur when one is drunk or hungover or somewhere vaguely in between. (Or an alternate way to look at it, that moods aren't allowed in sober life. Personal issue I struggle with, that complaining or venting was only allowed if I was drinking, so I could blame it on the booze) ANYWAY...

The one time I ever truly made progress in the past was when I had a therapist who had overcome years of alcoholism... with twenty years of sobriety under her belt, and plenty more of drinking ones before that, I felt she could truly relate to my struggles (instead of some pompous, book-smart, better-than-thou therapist who ends up just making one feel helpless and hopeless and permanently broken). She taught me by example that she too, was human; that there was life "on the other side" that wasn't perfect or ideal but that was very real, providing space for joy AND anger, sadness AND fun, frustration AND even ennui.

ANYWAY, long ramble cut short, I'm so glad you posted this Dee I needed this reminder tonight, as I struggle to find my voice, to put into words what I'm going through these neonatal days ...

And I'm REALLY glad you're not a bot. Was beginning to wonder
Old 04-22-2014, 02:56 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by roguedreams View Post
I second this, lol!
And I'm REALLY glad you're not a bot. Was beginning to wonder
Ha, ha, ha, ha......this made my morning!!!! How funny. Didn't most of us wonder this at some point???

That's hilarious!!! What a way to start the day!
Old 04-22-2014, 03:02 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee, and all the others. It must be daunting at times. You all do a great job
Old 04-22-2014, 03:02 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by lovemesomeokra View Post
Whoa, Dude! It never even crossed my mind to PM you, I just assumed that it wasn't cool given that you are so present and so giving and so over-the-top wise on the threads. Thanks for being, Dee, you've helped me more than you'll prob ever know.
And I double-second this! You're an absolute star, Dee
Old 04-22-2014, 03:08 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm very glad you've posted this, Dee. I think it's very important to keep in mind that we should not impose unrealistic expectation on others, especially not on the ones that are already clearly making incredible efforts to help us.

As addicts (active or in early recovery), I believe many of us are used to instant gratification - it's an essential part of the process to learn how to let it go.

Thank you for everything, Dee.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:58 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Thanks for all the great things you give man , and all the other people who give so generously of their time and experience .
i hope the people posting to your mailbox give you some time .

Thanks , take care , we all care for you , m
Old 04-22-2014, 04:28 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Dee, I didn't even know that you could be PMed, so look out now!!!

Love you and truly consider you an angel on earth! I often wonder if you pray before all of your responses because you always have the perfect words ~ so succinct, eloquent and direct yet, kind and correct.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

You're new here, Dee74, so maybe you haven't had time to read the rules yet:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ting-tips.html

Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, select the Ignore option on the drop down menu under their name on the post. You won't see any posts from this member again.

Adding my voice to the chorus of cheers for the SR staff. Truly remarkable job.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Dee, you and the other mods. have done an absolutely brilliant job at supporting people! I've thought many times " does this person ever get some down time for himself ? ". You work tirelessly to save many people from falling again and you're always there to welcome them back when they have! I, know for myself your comments have kept me on track and on the road to recovery ! I can't imagine just how many people you have positively impacted - it's got to be thousands by now ! You really are special person and thank you just doesn't seem to say enough.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thank you for spending so much of your time and energy helping other people, Dee. You're a special kinda dude.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:04 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

i think we all love you here Dee regardless of the snarky comments you've been getting. You are allowed to take a break especially on a holiday
Old 04-22-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
AA member

Thankyou Dee for all you do here on SR.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

What?

Do you mean Dee isn't sitting atop Ayers Rock in the lotus position clothed in his orange robe on his handwoven mediation matt , omnisciently linked to hundreds of daily posts on SR and simultaneously sending individual transcendental vibrations to each and every one of us?

My world is shattered. The earth's magnetic field has shifted.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Dee - thank you for all you do for us.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thank you for all you do for us here.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thanks so much Dee, how anyone could possibly call you out is beyond me :o You're ever present on almost every thread.

Nice to see the community taking some time out to Thank Dee, and thanks to all the other mods/welcomers as well. You certainly aren't taken for granted!

MrG
Old 04-22-2014, 10:14 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by abcowboy View Post
Dee, you and the other mod's do a fantastic job!!

You are doing an amazing job Dee, you are a rock of support that we all look up to.
Thanks for all you guys do for us every day.