Notices

The Angel won't let me die.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Angel won't let me die.

Posted here alot close to half a year ago about my efforts to get sober, and the sobriety lasted a good amount of time. In my effort to get sober, I went all out and started abusing things like diphenhydramine and became a smoker to get me past the difficult period.

Now I'm just hooked on the diphenhydramine and I'm drinking again in excess. On an average night, I have roughly 15 drinks and 200 MG of diph. It does nothing significant to me, it's just a normal week night, and I do well at work the next day.

A lot of people would die from this combination, and honestly I wish I would. I'm just done with this battle and I'm ready to move on. I never do though, I always wake up.

I never remember falling asleep. Super-natural things happen to me. No matter where I black out, I will wake up in my bed without a pillow and my pillow will be laying on the ground outside of the bedroom door. It's as if something is putting me to bed but telling me I don't deserve my pillow. Also, every single time I have a dream, which shouldn't happen in such an inebriated state, it involves an angel, the same angel.

Wondering if anyone has experienced some sort of unexplainable presence during the thick of their addiction that kept them alive.

I'd love to just be done and wake up tomorrow as a squirrel or something and begin the next life, but something refuses to let me do it.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SpartanGreen View Post
Posted here alot close to half a year ago about my efforts to get sober, and the sobriety lasted a good amount of time. In my effort to get sober, I went all out and started abusing things like diphenhydramine and became a smoker to get me past the difficult period.

Now I'm just hooked on the diphenhydramine and I'm drinking again in excess. On an average night, I have roughly 15 drinks and 200 MG of diph. It does nothing significant to me, it's just a normal week night, and I do well at work the next day.

A lot of people would die from this combination, and honestly I wish I would. I'm just done with this battle and I'm ready to move on. I never do though, I always wake up.

I never remember falling asleep. Super-natural things happen to me. No matter where I black out, I will wake up in my bed without a pillow and my pillow will be laying on the ground outside of the bedroom door. It's as if something is putting me to bed but telling me I don't deserve my pillow. Also, every single time I have a dream, which shouldn't happen in such an inebriated state, it involves an angel, the same angel.

Wondering if anyone has experienced some sort of unexplainable presence during the thick of their addiction that kept them alive.

I'd love to just be done and wake up tomorrow as a squirrel or something and begin the next life, but something refuses to let me do it.
Yo yo yo my inexplicable friend has kept me safe and successful for 20 years now. Doesn't mean it's a good thing. In fact I think I've been manipulated all this time. You need to view that inexplicable friend with a lot of suspicion. Trust me I've been there and am still there today.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you're being sent a message - maybe your times not up and you have things to do here?

Why aren't you listening SG?

D
Old 04-14-2014, 08:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I hope you listen to the angel. The rest of what the drugs and booze are telling you is 100% BS. I listened to the same BS for years and it never came true...all the promises of feeling better or fitting in better were absolute lies.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The optimistic side of me thinks these things are legitimate signs that I should be grateful for. The other side, the more realistic and pessimistic side, thinks I'm just losing my sanity.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

You are not crazy and you have things to contribute to this plane. Your protector (angel) is working very hard >maybe a tad codependent< but you should start working yourself on getting better. We are only given so many chances and there will come a time when even your angel cannot protect you against yourself.
Please get some help, your higher power has your back.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you want the non angel version - something in you, at a subsconscious level, clearly wants you to survive.

Nourish that part.

What if this life is it? No do overs?
It's not too late to change course - if you're committed to change.

D