Notices

Scary Day

Old 04-11-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nikki

Scary Day

Hi gang. I have been gone a while trying to drink myself to death. It got so bad so fast, I was hiding vodka and drinking it at night alone in the dark so my family didn't know. Anyway went through a really bad day of throwing up, dizzy, shaky, the whole drill. At work today around 3pm I had what I'm guessing was a major panic attack. I am new so I didn't want anybody to know. My heart was beating so fast, when I walked I felt like I would fall down and like I was really close to the ground. I flushed in bright ride, could barley talk...it was a very crazy experience. It's amazing what this crap will do to you. I took as a sign from God to give me one last chance. I just prayed to him that I will get back to AA, and focus on doing the next right thing that includes NOT drinking. I hope everybody is doing great! Thanks for listening!
Old 04-11-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was experiencing the same thing before I quit. While I have always been prone to panic attacks, they became so severe towards the end. Just keep reminding yourself of how out of control and scared you felt when that was happening when you feel like picking up a drink. I never want to feel that way again! You can do this!!!
Old 04-11-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can make this your turning point truefan

D
Old 04-12-2014, 02:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I, too, went through major panic attacks after drinking. One was so bad I hid in the closet at home.
I kept on drinking so I wouldn't have another one. This went on for years.
But, the good news is, after the alcohol is out of your system for awhile they lessen and go away. This is just from personal experience.
I feel for you, I've had panic attacks in public too. Very scary.
Hang in there and don't drink and lets hope they go away
Old 04-12-2014, 03:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi Truefan, I hope this sign is what it takes to turn around. Because it will get worse if you don't stop.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Truefan,
I just started over again and had a similar episode on Monday. Shakes, weak, lightheaded, panicky. I got through the day somehow and vowed never to touch another drop. Get rid of anything that may be still hidden. When you want to start again, remember how you felt and decide if you want to feel like that again. When I poured my booze down the drain it felt great. Like I was pouring poison down the drain. Hang in there.

Goose
Old 04-12-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

It's horrible. I hope you can turn it all around now. It is always doable xxxxx
Old 04-15-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Nikki

Thank you all so much! I have stayed sober!! I felt fine ever since. NEVER want to feel that again!

You guys ROCK!
Old 04-15-2014, 07:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Love & Animals

I noticed my anxiety has gotten so much better since I quit. I started having panic attacks every other day, my life was spinning out of control. That's when I decided to try the last thing: put down the bottle. It has helped my anxiety, you should try it
Old 04-15-2014, 07:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am with you, truefan. I've been hiding vodka from my husband (even though I know my breath reeks when drinking) and after a 4-day bender felt awful today at work. My face was bright red, I was sweaty and felt feverish, and super-dehydrated. I have dealt with anxiety for years and it is definitely made worse by drinking. The first few days after drying out can be tough with anxiety, but it goes away. We don't need to go through this feeling anymore! Let's do this and find out how good life can be!