Notices

pregnancy and withdrawal

Old 04-09-2014, 12:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by purechaos View Post
Half truth half lies told them the meds were gone but that I don't know where they went. ..
I bet they hear that one alot. Missed your chance to be honest. Too bad!

Can't watch anymore, Take care! Hope you do the right thing for that baby.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yeah I know... I am sure they do. I was honest with my husband.... thats a start.... I am sure the lack of meds in my blood gave them some faith. Thankfully the ER doc could get ahlod of my OB... Everyone on the same page... Still not feeling 100% last night and the morning were a blur... arrarently I took a spill... major wake up call... I need to do whhat I need to do for this baby. And for my other babies...
Old 04-09-2014, 12:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by purechaos View Post
Half truth half lies told them the meds were gone but that I don't know where they went. .. The er doc did some blood work (drug test I assume) also said my kidneys are infected. .. my guess is the large amt of acetamenophin... put me on an antibiotic but said if the pain doesn't go away I will need to be hospitalized. ... talked to my ob... said this was my free pass. ... Never again
But switched me to extended release morphine. ..I don't fee anything from it but will be enough to keep baby safe from. W/d. I also told my Husband last night. ..I think I will give him the pill bottle. ... so easy to slip so hard not to fail. .. Thank you all for your continued support
Great news. Definitely get rid of the pills, you don't need that temptation around. Your husband can dispose of them safely.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I hope you can take more steps toward honesty. Doctors know when they get lies, especially about narcotics. If you are honest, hopefully they can tailor the right program for you, the baby and pain management.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:45 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Already its been awhile since I updated. My primary doctor got fired last week and I just found out yesterday.... I was devistated and the clinic would not tell me anything.... She has been my doctor, my supporter, and my "friend" for three years... I was so frustrated.... Anyways I remembered I had her cell number from a previous time and I text her and she text me back... And she met with me today in her home to discuss everything. She agreed that now is not the best time to do anything crazy (like quitting cold turkey) She decided to switch me to Subutex for the remainder of my pregnancy... She said it doesnt cross the placenta and baby will be born alert and not in opiate withdrawal.... I am going to do my best to wean down the subs before baby comes hoping to be fully med free the weeks before delivery. I feel so so guilty I am in this situation... I know that my abuse of meds was my fault but I have real pain and I only took more to make the pain go away...so I could function.... How crummy that bodies build up tolerences... Anyways This route is supposed to be MUCH better on the baby.... I am so grateful my insurance covers it and my doctor can prescribe it... I know ideally I would be med free during pregnancy but I have been through opiate withdrawals before and that is not something I want to do to my unborn child.... Hope everyone is well....
Old 04-17-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

The most ironic part of all of this is last summer I quit cold turkey and stayed off all meds for 6 months or so attempting to have a baby.... the second I gave into the pain and excepted there would be no more babies and started the meds again sure as **** I was pregnant...
Old 04-17-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Just curious, but how can your doctor prescribe medicine after she's been fired from her job? Or is the med change something that your new doctor did? Either way I'd certainly follow up with a new doctor to make sure he/she is aware of what you are doing.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Poison Eater Extraordinaire

I commend you for your honesty - am truly wishing the best for you.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Just curious, but how can your doctor prescribe medicine after she's been fired from her job? Or is the med change something that your new doctor did? Either way I'd certainly follow up with a new doctor to make sure he/she is aware of what you are doing.
She is still a licensed doctor... doctors practice on their own all the time... (private practic) She actually still electronically sees patients from the state she used to live in as well (she is still board certified/licensed etc in both states) She will continue to be part of my care plan.... I will get no meds from anyone else... I will sign a contract that I will only fill with her and only at one pharmacy. And that is perfect for me... she knows me and I trust her with my care.

And the reason she was fired was so stupid... she was always late for her appts...like super late.. If you scheduled at 11am you shouldnt expect to get into a room till well after noon... But I was ok with that... Because she actually listened to every patient... she cares... she knows whats going on and she finds the answers if she doesnt know them... She wasnt let go for being a bad doctor.. she was let go for being an amazing doctor who didnt fit the rigid mold that the clinic had.

Amazing how quickly the subs take away all the withdrawls... I know they have their own issues with dependence and withdrawal but for right now this is what I need to do...
Old 04-17-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Do you want this baby?
Old 04-17-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Does it concern you that your Doctor was fired? If my Doctor was fired it would concern me.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:28 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Yes I want this baby very much... which is why I am making the switch to subs, dealing with the pain, being honest and getting medical support. And no it doesnt concern me at all about her departure from the clinic. I was always insanely dissapointed with every other doctor I have seen at her clinic except for her. She just didnt fit their mold. I know a lot of places like that... you dont do things their way "the man" they push you down. Its not like she got her license to practice taken away... and actually she was let go without cause.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:36 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

In need of support and answers

I know this thread is old, but I don't have any family and the one friend I have doesn't know my drug history and the fact she is an rn doesn't make me want to tell her. I am currently 19 weeks pregnant and I'm prescribed 3 subutex and 3 2mg Xanax a day. I've been on the same dose of subutex for 7 years and the dose of Xanax for 14 years. I've tried tapering myself down on both when I did I didn't eat, sleep, drink for 4 solid days, besides the fact my entire body hurt and I was out of my head, didn't know if it was day or night, my PTSD was off the roof, I sat for hours trying to remember my middle name. I continued to throw up stomach acid, I knew then I couldn't do this cold turkey. Some doctors say it's worse if I do detox and others tell me horrible things that my baby will suffer. I want my son born healthy and not to feel any detox symptoms when born. But I do know when I feel the detox symptoms now so does he. I need some support and I need some good advice on how to do this without harming my son. Thank you for reading
Old 01-12-2016, 11:02 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi ;LookingforHelp - welcoem

I think it's really important you have a Drwhose advice you can trust - do you have that?

How long has it been since you've seen a Dr?

D
Old 01-13-2016, 07:03 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Lookin4help!!
Old 01-13-2016, 07:38 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please, please find a dr you can trust and talk to him. This is not just about you but about your unborn child and the serious issues he is facing. Please step up and do whatever you can to help your child.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:14 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Most Drs I know give bonus points for just being honest! But shame often holds us back from honestly revealing the truth about ourselves... I hope you have a good ob dr who can safely guide you and baby through this...
Old 01-13-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome
Old 01-13-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Lookin4help,
Welcome to SR.
I don't know where you live, but in the U.S., many cities have clinics specifically for pregnant addicts, where the practitioners know how to deal with your situation, even my small city has one. Medical help is so important for you and your baby right now, and there probably are services in your area that can help you through your pregnancy in the safest possible way.
Please seek qualified help and take care of yourself. You and your baby both deserve it.