Notices

New here. Struggling.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Jaye! Just sending you a big hug. I hope you will continue to resist the urge to pick up. You can do it. Yep, it is hard. But I know you can do it!
Old 04-07-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hang in there Jaye! Tonight is day 2 for me and I'm struggling too. I've done everything I can think of to distract myself. I know we can both make it one more day. Right now, that's all that matters. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!
Old 04-07-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Rar

Hi Jaye....Welcome! You are doing a great job, being almost done with Day 2. The valium should be taking some of the edge off your anxiety and every day will get better and better. I couldn't imagine ever being free of my anxiety because I'd had it for years and one of the reasons I drank was to get rid of the anxiety. Not surprisingly, the anxiety got worse for a few days after quitting drinking, then it started to go away, to the point I now have very few anxiety attacks. In retrospect, the alcohol was keeping me in the anxiety cycle. You are on the way to a better life. Keep on keeping on. The support here is incredible.