Notices

anyone going to ACYPAA this weekend?

Old 04-02-2014, 12:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

anyone going to ACYPAA this weekend?

I'm headed to the All California Young People in Alcoholics Anonymous conference this weekend. I kinda got tricked into it. See what happens when you go fellowshipping after a meeting? You find yourself driving 9.5 hours down the west coast to California, lol! I'm really excited. I'm 33 so i'm not exactly young but i sure ain't old. I was just wondering if any other SR people were going to be there. It's going to be a lot of fun!
Old 04-02-2014, 12:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
I'm headed to the All California Young People in Alcoholics Anonymous conference this weekend. I kinda got tricked into it. See what happens when you go fellowshipping after a meeting? You find yourself driving 9.5 hours down the west coast to California, lol! I'm really excited. I'm 33 so i'm not exactly young but i sure ain't old. I was just wondering if any other SR people were going to be there. It's going to be a lot of fun!

No but conventions are awesome, only been to 2 myself but you will be amazed and really inspired. You will see people who are changed and some great stories of recovery. Have so much fun!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 03:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Have an awesome time!
Old 04-02-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I'm really excited. The only conventions i've been to have been a flute convention and several sci-fi/comics/gamine/anime/fantasy conventions. In fact, we just got done with Emerald City Comic Con this past weekend. Turns out now, we're taking my car and since i'm the only one that can drive a stick, i'll be driving the whole 9.5 hours! I can't wait! We're leaving super early on Friday morning. This is the most involved i've ever been in AA and it feels amazing. I'm really looking forward to the panels and fellowship.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

no I am not, sorry.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Our son went to one in Fresno, CA last year, had a fantastic time! Next month in Long Beach is the Cocaine Anonymous WSO Convention. Our son (22) is going with us. A Sober Rave is one of the highlights. CAWS 2014..... Have a great time at your Convention.