Notices

scared enough

Old 03-26-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Jade1224 View Post
Maybe tomorrow I will actually have the courage to share

Thanks guys for the prayers and support.
Great to read that you are now actively engaged in your recovery. Meetings are a first step. But the program of AA is the 12 steps. I hope you continue with the actions you are taking to get sober and do whatever it takes.

Good luck.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:59 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

yes i do, thanks!
Old 03-26-2014, 12:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good luck Jade. I can remember that time in my life like it was yesterday. I did so many dumb and crazy things. The hard part is knowing how to forgive yourself. Try not to beat yourself up. Focus on today and don't let all those crazy thoughts in your head. I always feel this sense of pride when people start to take those first steps to a better life. Good luck and hang in there.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:05 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Congratulations for having the courage to go to the AA meeting. That was a big thing.

Good luck with your sobriety and with your next meeting. I am glad you are here with us.

(P.S. If you see Charlie Sheen at the next AA meeting, tell him to come back to Two and a Half Men )
Old 03-26-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm glad you took that step, jade. I need to try an AA meeting soon, too. I keep putting it off because I am scared or embarrassed or something. I live in a small town, so I will see people I know, too (but nobody famous!!!). :-)
Old 03-26-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Jade, I'm really scared for you!! Please do something to turn things around. I have had many blackouts. When you start experiencing blackouts, you know you are in very serious trouble. I have been reading your post, and you sound like a really nice person. You deserve better. Glad you are going to meetings and are back posting on SR. I hope you come up with a plan soon!!
BTW, I don't think you offended anyone from what you said. You will meet all kinds of people at those meetings and to be honest, some are not there for the same reasons I am there for. I found that out the hard way, so, don't sweat it. You're doing fine.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good luck Jade-

Women getting drunk in bar situations - that's really dangerous.

I've wound up in situations that were really dangerous because of drinking. But for a woman it can be doubly dangerous.

I wish you success in your quest for a better life.