Notices

Living with Teens

Old 03-24-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Living with Teens

Makes me want to drink. Ugh

I guess Anything makes us want to, but arguing with my teen first thing in the morning and being in Tears when he leaves for school sets me right up for a drunk night.

Day 4, and I'm hanging by a thread.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Poison Eater Extraordinaire

Lol, living with three kids under the age of 7 makes me want to cry sometimes! This morning my older two screamed and cried over a bracelet they both wanted to wear!! Kids are tough. In my first week too
Old 03-24-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hear ya. Like living with Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde, one second to the next.

Living with teens through early sobriety is hard, but not as hard as living with teens while actively drinking. And the early sobriety part does get better. The active drinking part doesn't. Hang in there. This part will get better, markedly better, the longer you go. The teen part...eh, I think that one takes longer to get better. What a ride.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I do remember the challenges of the early years also.

Those were actually the happiest days of my life though, so I guess I handled things better. Right now, dealing with depression and fighting with teens puts me over the edge at times.
I keep saying I won't argue but always wind up putting myself on their level, then the mommy-guilt kicks in, just sets the mood for the day. Hate it.

Good luck with your little ones, I use to buy 2 of Everything, lol.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Mine were a nightmare but went off to university recently which was great. But I miss them sometimes. You can't win lol xxxx
Old 03-24-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Two of my three were challenging, but they all seem to have turned out great. Hang in there. They'll appreciate you more when they have kids of their own.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yup...they can be a challenge. I, however, teach at a high school and have really grown to love their quirks. My 17 year-old and I have a great relationship so I'm lucky. I'm currently reading "Brainstorm: The Power and Purpose of the Teenage Brain" bu Daniel Siegel.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Poison Eater Extraordinaire

Originally Posted by jessie65 View Post
I do remember the challenges of the early years also.

Those were actually the happiest days of my life though, so I guess I handled things better. Right now, dealing with depression and fighting with teens puts me over the edge at times.
I keep saying I won't argue but always wind up putting myself on their level, then the mommy-guilt kicks in, just sets the mood for the day. Hate it.

Good luck with your little ones, I use to buy 2 of Everything, lol.
I can seriously only imagine how hard teens are - especially if mine are anything like I was. I have three girls and dread the day everyone's periods sync up!!