Notices

*sigh* again...

Old 03-23-2014, 02:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

*sigh* again...

So i drove to an AA/Al-Anon/Al-Teen convention earlier today (well, yesterday). I worked the reg table and really enjoyed myself. Well, except for that i was hung over. Again. I think i've been isolating pretty hard and thus avoiding a homegroup. I'm sure my small shakes were noticed and i am beyond embarrassed. The gal i want to ask to be my sponsor was running the reg table. I have no idea how to face her again. I'm trying to taper right now because going cold turkey would be bad. I'm trying to get back in the program.

Dear 12th Steppers,

Is picking up a desperate drunk who can't drive a problem? I want to call someone but i'm scared as hell. I don't want to impose on my husband. I guess imposing on a fellow drunk is something i can wrap my head around. I need help again but i'm terrified to ask. Treatment won't help me. I need connection again.

~Sincerely,
Me.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Why won't treatment help you? Can you at least get a medical detox to get you thru withdrawals? I hope you can stop drinking before something really bad happens to you.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Call someone from AA.

I have only been there a week but I have never met a group of people who are less judgemental. They will help.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I'm beginning to think i should call the gal i want to be by sponsor. Well, guess it's best to start with humility. ****'s hard. Again.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We alcoholics stand together through thick and thin! If u call a member you will bring them as much good as your are doing for yourself, and remember,
"We have rarely seen a person fail, who has thoroughly followed our path"

I would pick up the phone

Matt
Old 03-23-2014, 02:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I've got her number. I'll send her a text as soon as i wake up. I just want to get better again. I was so happy.... :_(
Old 03-23-2014, 03:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

DG...phone her now. You won't be the first person to be hungover at a meeting, there are still active drinkers at mine sometimes. It doesn't matter...you have a desire to stop drinking. That's all you need. Those ladies gave you their number for exactly this reason. They want you to reach out for help.

Please contact your doc if you're concerned about withdrawals.

But make that phone call. It could be the turning point for you.

Much love xx
Old 03-23-2014, 03:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Ugh...i hate the West Coast.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You should definitely pick up the phone, but you should look into treatment too. Having that connection is great and amazingly helpful but it isn't good to just rely on that. If you can get yourself some professional help then you will be all the stronger for doing something to help yourself x
Old 03-23-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey DG

Send that text , send an e-mail to someone , keep on reaching out and coming back .

Take care , m
Old 03-23-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
So i drove to an AA/Al-Anon/Al-Teen convention earlier today (well, yesterday). I worked the reg table and really enjoyed myself. Well, except for that i was hung over. Again. I think i've been isolating pretty hard and thus avoiding a homegroup. I'm sure my small shakes were noticed and i am beyond embarrassed. The gal i want to ask to be my sponsor was running the reg table. I have no idea how to face her again. I'm trying to taper right now because going cold turkey would be bad. I'm trying to get back in the program.

Dear 12th Steppers,

Is picking up a desperate drunk who can't drive a problem? I want to call someone but i'm scared as hell. I don't want to impose on my husband. I guess imposing on a fellow drunk is something i can wrap my head around. I need help again but i'm terrified to ask. Treatment won't help me. I need connection again.

~Sincerely,
Me.
YES! Call someone!

I lost my license due to a DUI, and today I am being picked up by someone in the program that I just reached out to randomly. Helping us helps other maintain their sobriety. They WANT to help us! Just as We would want to help others. Get to a meeting! Talk to that girl about being your sponsor. And if not her ask someone else to be your sponsor.

I currently have a special project that my sponsor is putting me through right now. I too have a serious issue calling people in the program. I feel like in my head that I am being a burden on others. I have to call 3 random folks in AA a week just to talk and get to know people. He calls it learning to pick up the "thousand pound phone"

I have only been sober for 61 days, and I am only just a baby learning to crawl in my sobriety and I have a long way to go. But one thing I know for sure is, you will feel better if you just call someone from the program.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Oh my gosh treatment was the best thing I have ever done for myself! I am in out-patient and it involves group therapy. I have made life-long friends there and built a support network. Four people from treatment have already called me this weekend to see how I'm doing and just chat and make sure all is well.

I combine treatment with a minimum of 5 AA meetings a week. I have a sponsor and am getting to know some people in AA as I only have one more week of treatment and will need a strong support group going forward.

I also have a therapist and see a psychiatrist for medicine. I will do whatever it takes to stay sober this time around. Good luck and don't rule anything out! You are worth it!