Notices

few days straight.. Abdominal issues

Old 03-19-2014, 10:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question few days straight.. Abdominal issues

First and foremost, i understand not to ask for expect medical advice but i was wandering if anyone has experienced...well, how do i put this.

Say you eat corn at 2pm in the afternoon. at 7pm later that night, you notice bits of corn in the stool.. now obviously that is fast but i have been noticing recently that food is going through me extremely fast! like the other day, there was a pill in my stool that wasn't even really digested..

I am worried that it could be the pancreas, but i am also assuming that drinking vodka and beer at mass quantity's per day for a few years could mess up the body's digestion processes ... has anyone had food go through them really fast, and maybe tell me if their GI tract or digestive system changed, got better or worse, stayed the same? again i know there is a thing on here about medical AdViCe but i was just curious about others experiences..thanks
Old 03-19-2014, 10:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi OnlyOneSpeed.

I am definitely not giving medical advice, but sharing my experience with this. I remember seeing undigested food as well, but cant remember the length of time it took for it to show up. Of course, I searched the internet, and read that it can be normal for indigestible fiber to show up(I usually eat a lot of veggies everyday, drinking or not). Its definitely something worth checking up with your doctor on. I forgot to ask mine to verify this, but the same fear you have resided in the back of my mind. I got an ultrasound of my abdomen and blood work and everything came back normal. I don't really notice the food much anymore now that I've stringed 21 sober days today(and 17 days prior to my 3 day bender).

Do you have any plans on quitting? Maybe using this board or AA or counseling or a program of some sort? I can completely relate to your fears of what alcohol has potentially done with your body. It's been my experience that, if you remain sober, those fears diminish, especially if you work with your doctor regularly. It's a huge relief
Old 03-19-2014, 11:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ill be honest with you newman23... i really dont want to quit.. i love alcohol,, i use to have drinks all day long everyday since i was 18yrs/old, and usually winded up drunk by night.. i was certainly functioning but definitely not in cotrol of this habit. i have done class presentations drunk and even police dui checkpoints with out getting noticed,,it was like water or a way of life,, it made me feel so good and like life was a party everyday..

the only reason i neeed to stop is because i am getting out of control... but mainly for my health,, i have crapped and thrown up blood but recently my sides have been aching/ hurting/ spabbing.. enough is enough, i want to live long and have a family, and after three years of severe abuse, i recognize that i neeeeed to stop.

alcohol is the devil..
I know now..
I aint made of metal..
Old 03-19-2014, 11:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

See your Dr, OnlyOneSpeed.

The earlier you stop drinking, the less the chance of lasting damage - that's just common sense.

You might find you come to love sobriety

D
Old 03-19-2014, 11:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Given what you've said in your posts, I'd see a doctor.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi OnlyOneSpeed.

Know what you mean, I loved the booze, I didn't want to give up and I drank and it got steadily worse before the booze drank me, if I wasn't drinking I was thinking about when I could. I worked and functioned normally on the outside only my husband and friend knew how really bad I got.(I think).

If you've decided to stop, like me, it was getting out of control, I assure you, it does get easier. I'm nearly eight months and I hardly think about drinking at all. The automatic feeling of having a drink in my hand has gone. Yeah, it does come back but I'm learning to deal with it.

And you know, there's a ton of stuff out there in the world that's even better without booze. Stick with it, you'll reap the benefits.

P.s. If you're unsure about your digestion have a word with your doc, put your mind at ease.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

yea i got to get a new doc,, because of my age he doesnt reallly think i may have health problems (even though he new i was in the hospital in jan. for throwing up and shi tting blood).. he told me my gallbladder was acting up cuz of the crappy food i eat.. ordered a blood test and my liver enzymes were a little high but my ggt was 151 and he didnt say ****..

i think he is just one of those doctors who doesn't feel like wasting time with a drunk who is clearly wrecking his own body and would rather worry about others who cant help their problems...he lives in my neighborhood and is a really religious straight edged guy.. hell, maybe he saw me speeding by his house a few weeks ago with the police chasing me and arresting me in my back yard (wander if that is visible from his house :-/

i have been eating like a boss this whole week, daily fruit smoothies(plain chobani, banana, 10strawberrys, cranbarry juice) salmon for dinner last night... had a turkey/coleslaw samich for lunch today too, but my abdomen is still all not there, must have really ****** it up last weekend.. i wish i new how many drinks i had in that 2 day straight bender,, (im guessing 55)

well, about to hit the road to hang out at o.c.m.d. for a few days and relax, do some fishing, and hopefully deprive my self of that intestinal liquid lave..