Notices

Day 4 and Friday

Old 03-14-2014, 06:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 and Friday

Hi everyone,

Well I'm feeling like it's First Friday today because it's been months since I've had a sober Friday. I also thought about St. Patricks Day weekend and this may be the first Friday since I started the Devil Hooch that I haven't drank. I need to meditate today and will probably go to 2 meetings. I lean back on the fact that I am excited about the past few days waking up refreshed and eventhough I know we all take it a day at a time I am looking forward to getting a lot done this weekend. Any advice for a First Friday?

Thanks!

Garrison
Old 03-14-2014, 06:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Sounds like you have goal and a solid plan to reach it. Accept that it might get a little tough. Stay strong, don't drink and Friday's will lose their "power" over you.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I need advice too. This is my first friday. 5 Days sober here.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Serper View Post
I need advice too. This is my first friday. 5 Days sober here.
comtnman740's plan is solid. I'm sure he'd let you borrow it.

You've got five days sober. You can go six. Friday is just another day. Another sober day. Any attempts to glorify Friday, to elevate to some sort of special status that requires you to drink is your addiction taking the wheel.

You can do this.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
comtnman740's plan is solid. I'm sure he'd let you borrow it.

You've got five days sober. You can go six. Friday is just another day. Another sober day. Any attempts to glorify Friday, to elevate to some sort of special status that requires you to drink is your addiction taking the wheel.

You can do this.
Thanks! You are right... friday is just another day. The hardest part is behind me! Let's do this tonight!
Old 03-14-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Doggone. That is so true I do elevate Fridays to some special status where I just need to realize it is just another day a sober day.

I read an earlier post about cravings which is spot on. I am trying to change some routines and get a shift in mindset. For the first time in a long time I have started to eat cereal again in the mornings. I never did that when drinking. Well just thought I'd share.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 4 here too.
Just getting started this morning but I have a full day planned of working on house projects, exercise and then a quiet evening with the wife and kids (we're exhausted from working on the house all week) so it will be nice to just chill.

I haven't been sleeping well this week and actually last night (day 3) was the worst yet (literally maybe 2 hours of sleep) so I'm looking forward to a quiet evening (will be a trigger after the kids go to bed, but my wife is here for accountability) and maybe tonight is the night for some much needed sleep!
Old 03-14-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Trigeek,

Yes I hear you I haven't been sleeping well either. I have been doing a lot of tossing and turning during the night with some strange dreams to boot. Maybe that's just our brains rehabilitating. I think that exercise is the key for me and have heard that after about a week or so sleep patterns should improve (depends on the person though). I am looking forward to getting a good nights sleep tonight!

Garrison