Notices

Day 4, Still Shaking... When did the tremors stop for you?

Old 03-13-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Randummy

I'm on my third day and the shakes stopped today. Yesterday and the first day were gnarly though. When I've detoxed before I had the shakes for about a week.
With regards to the shaking before eating, I noticed that a lot on the first and second day, so I'd really recommend eating more often if you haven't done that already. On the first day I ate really bland, basic food round the clock because I was so hungry but felt really sick too. Detox is not fun so I feel for you!
Old 03-13-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I agree with IOAA2 - I was a hepatology nurse and worked with some of the most senior consultants in UK for 10 years, got more sense here than from any of them, unless youve been through it you cant really just take it from a book or even patient examinations, you need to have gone through it
Old 03-13-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I still get them very slightly at day 10/11. They are almost unnoticeable and only last a minute or so now.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Welcome! Congrats on the 5 days so far. Had bad shakes for bout 5-7 days then tremors noticed by others for nother 6/8 mths. Actually, 2 mths ago b4 movin out of state, my buddy said to me 1 day" ure shaking" I said no I'm not then told me to raise my hand in the light; did notice it slightly tho but have been sober 18mths so don't know. But I guess it's all bout somebody's make up. Wouldn't worry bout it coz will pass in time
Old 03-13-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

It was sometime after 10 days or 2 weeks. I remember briefly holding a persons hand in a meeting. She then said to me, "You're still shaking!" (and at that point I did not even know it). I tried to remember this when I would later minimize how bad my drinking was.

Some may disagree, but I found chocolate was great and helped in various ways.

I would cut way back on the caffeine.

All the best to you.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Note to all users that read this thread. Please do not tell me to seek medical advice. I am a doctor (soon anyway).
Serper the rules apply to you as much as anyone else.

10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.
Our members here are simply sharing their experience, following the rules. and imparting common sense.

I'd still encourage you to see medical advice.

Sometimes it's difficult to adequately judge a situation when you're in it, for even the best experienced Drs, let alone medical students.

D