Notices

Too Much

Old 03-11-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Too Much

It just got too much for me, 7th day and I caved, 5 pints of cider, goona have another two. Im not ashamed and im not apologizing I am just expressing!

I CANT just keep white knuckling it and '' holding on '' day in and day out just HOPING it goes away, there is TOO MUCH pain inside, I refuse yes simply refuse to go through this hell to reach '' wonderful sobriety '' ........... My sobriety is AGONY with every single thought! Cant do that anymore!
Old 03-11-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry for your pain, chilledice.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post
It just got too much for me, 7th day and I caved, 5 pints of cider, goona have another two. Im not ashamed and im not apologizing I am just expressing!

I CANT just keep white knuckling it and '' holding on '' day in and day out just HOPING it goes away, there is TOO MUCH pain inside, I refuse yes simply refuse to go through this hell to reach '' wonderful sobriety '' ........... My sobriety is AGONY with every single thought! Cant do that anymore!
I'm sorry you're hurting. Have you considered talking to a counselor to help you work through any issues you may be having? Sometimes life is just horribly overwhelming.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dont give up, youve had a slip, tomorrow is a new day
Old 03-11-2014, 12:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I think most of us needed a good support system in early sobriety. SR is great online support, but face-to-face support can be invaluable. You don't have to white-knuckle it and you don't have to go through it alone.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am sorry just had to talk here, its just TOO HARD for me to deal with life, ive spoken with a number of therapists but their experience is only on paper they have no clue in all reality! I just cant do it! I cant stop taking my emotional pain killer ( alcohol ) .
Old 03-11-2014, 01:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry folks I just had to vent! I done soooooooooo well but it all got too much for me. Thanks for listening!
Old 03-11-2014, 01:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

You CAN do, chilledice. But you need to want it bad enough to do whatever is necessary. A detox facility can get you past the physical withdrawls and all alcohol out of your system. After that, it's mental and you can go to AA meetings and work the steps, or you can utilize one of the many other recovery programs out there.

You CAN do it.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oh Chilledice, I'm so sorry for you.
You seemed to be doing so well. I had no idea you were hurting that badly. I knew you were struggling. Oh man.
Right, draw a line, it's done now, no judgement. It's happened to me and probably most people here. I EXPECT to hear from you tomorrow and we'll start again. From your posts, I really felt an affinity with you. You're a good guy.
Plan for tomorrow.
Wake up
Feel like s***
regret, self loathe, blah blah blah
Dust yourself down
Shower
Shave
Share on SR
OK?
Old 03-11-2014, 01:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post
Seven days...might be a bit premature to expect "wonderful sobriety." Early recovery is tough, for you even agonizing. But it must be gone through.

Drinking and drugging provides instant gratification. Expecting that from recovery is normal, but unrealistic.

You made SR your main support it seems, and that's wonderful. Perhaps you just need to add one or two components to your recovery to get through these oh-so-tough early days. And everyone here who has gotten sober went through them; so can you!
Old 03-11-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You guys have been great and I have found support here, I also have support from family and friends and a family friend who has 6 years sober under his belt but I still can find no peace in myself , I blame nobody but myself for drinking, I must also add that I have sought after professional help but they were clueless and just rambled on a but of jargon and blah blah................ Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry guys il be sober tomorrow and start again!
Old 03-11-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sparkos View Post
Oh Chilledice, I'm so sorry for you.
You seemed to be doing so well. I had no idea you were hurting that badly. I knew you were struggling. Oh man.
Right, draw a line, it's done now, no judgement. It's happened to me and probably most people here. I EXPECT to hear from you tomorrow and we'll start again. From your posts, I really felt an affinity with you. You're a good guy.
Plan for tomorrow.
Wake up
Feel like s***
regret, self loathe, blah blah blah
Dust yourself down
Shower
Shave
Share on SR
OK?
Il be here tomorrow buddy, just a bad day I guess, thanks for the kind words man I really appreciate it, il keep on trucking tomorrow onwards brother
Old 03-11-2014, 01:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good stuff mate.
Look forward to hearing from you tomorrow.
Peace
Old 03-11-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Don't give up, the fact your still posting is a positive thing, something within you still wants to be Sober and you haven't given up just yet.

Tomorrow is a new day, go at it again, you'll get there!!
Old 03-11-2014, 02:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Any way you think you can avoid drinking the last two?
Old 03-11-2014, 02:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I already drank them last 2, but il start again tomorrow ....... again thanks so much, you guys have been awesome and ive not even met you folks!!
Old 03-11-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Chilledice, please just never give up, rootin for ya.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Shake it off! We'll be here!
Old 03-11-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

You're still a Marcher! See you tomorrow x
Old 03-11-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Chilledice.
Noone finds peace in themselves in 6 days, man.
If your issues are like mine, they're years decades old.

It will take time to to find them, engage with them, and then sort them out.

Gotta be honest, it took me my first year to make headway with my long standing emotional pain.

It wasn't a year of agony tho

Sometimes it will hurt - but you'll find if you ignore that impulsive panic reaction that drove you to those pints this time, if you can push through that, you'll find it's not the excruciating agony you fear it is.

It's not fun, but it needs to be done,. I think

I recommend you find a good counsellor - not all of them are simply book smart - the best of them have experience to back that up.

Noone needs to drink, chilledice, thats just what you've convinced yourself over the years.

Drinking simply pushes the pain to one side. It's not a solution. It's tylenol to a broken limb. It's running away.

To sort out emotional pain and be happy, you need to engage with it.

There is a happy, even joyful life waiting, but first you have to slay some dragons.

You're not alone - there's tons of support here. You can do this

D