Notices

Old 03-11-2014, 01:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome xxxx
Old 03-12-2014, 03:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I didn't get a chance to update talking with my g/f last night about refraining from drinking anymore.

The talk went pretty well. It was a nice day out so we got to enjoy the outdoors during the afternoon. She agreed with me that I am not myself when I binge drink and was very supportive of my decision to stop the madness. We talked about why I cannot control myself, how my personality changes, and why I get the urge to drink so heavily. I found that throughout the conversation I got to self reflect even more and understand how I am perceived by others when I become so belligerent.

We finished the night by cooking some chicken on the grill. I had the urge to have a drink outside while grilling but didn't act on the urge! Today is day 4 without even having a sip. I know the urges will continue but I will attack each one as an individual battle in the overall war. I feel so much better when I know what happened the night before and don't have a hangover in the morning. Thanks again for reading and the support.