Notices

reclaiming my life

Old 03-10-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

reclaiming my life

I was addicted to hydrocodone for years before talking to my doctor. Her answer was simple. Methadone. I thought it was a miracle drug. No withdrawals. No pain. I truly thought I had the answer. Little did I know it slowly stole my sole. My zest for life. I ended up on all kinds if depression meds. My marriage was falling apart. I didn't care to leave my house. The answer came to me as God whispered in my ear his self. Stop the methadone. Stop it all. So Feb 3, 2014. I did just that. It was no cake walk. Of course after 8 years of methadone what should I expect. My mind is clear and I feel good mentally. Physically I am zapped. I am taking vitamins and eating. My question is does anyone know of another supplement that could help with my energy level?
Old 03-10-2014, 06:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there, 8 years is a long time and you will get better.
I have no idea why the done takes so long to clear out of our system.

It was a long time ago but I came of a high dose and literally didn't sleep for weeks, yeah, so went a little nuts from sleep deprivation. Physically i was a mess for many weeks, walking the the letter box was a chore.

I ate clean and had high doses of vitamin C. I can not remember but I had so many supplements to try and recover. If possible see a educated naturopath.

I think methadone is a funny one as it literally can save your life, we also are the guinea pigs of the effects of long term use.

Hang in there, as you recover you will be amazed at alive you will start to feel.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I have no answers for you but perhaps you might ask your doctor for help with your low energy level.

We have a forum specifically for methadone and suboxone. Give it a look.

Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information