Notices

Rough day!

Old 03-05-2014, 11:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rough day!

Rough day today, went through the city which was nice to get outta the house but my nerves are just WRECKED at the moment so I didn't really enjoy it all that much, had an argument with a friend nothing major we have made up now, went to a PUB but I drank orange juice NO alcohol for me! But im just feeling flat today and feel like a drink not goona drink just venting!
Old 03-05-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are stronger than I am. If I went to a bar right now, you would find me back stroking in the vodka bottle. So I don't go. Why tempt your newly sober self?
Old 03-05-2014, 11:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
You are stronger than I am. If I went to a bar right now, you would find me back stroking in the vodka bottle. So I don't go. Why tempt your newly sober self?
Your so right I shouldn't have gone but my friend who suffers from anxiety said he badly needed a pint so I explained that we had to be quick about it, we were there for 30 mins and then out. But you are right its too risky me being there at the moment!
Old 03-05-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Totally agree with raider.

If you're serious about sobriety you have no business being in the pub so early on in sobriety
Old 03-05-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Glad you made it through sober. It's a learning process, figuring out the things you used to do that you have to avoid for a while or stop altogether.

On the flip side, it's a great opportunity to learn and do new things and even make some new friends.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job on having an orange juice!! . . . part of being Sober is learning how to deal with life without alcohol, because life still goes on, work, family, friends etc

When we would usually get lost in a bottle in the evenings we need to figure out a new stress buster, whether it's going to a meeting, a long walk in the fresh air, anything just to remain Sober and deal with the stress of everyday life!!
Old 03-05-2014, 01:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am having a rough day too. Hang in there!
Old 03-05-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am having one too. Rough day that is. I also have anxiety and i used to drink to handle anxiety and stress. Don't know how to do it sober. Been eating and i need to lose weight not gain. Need a new knee so exercising is out. Too cold to go out. Hate winter. Sorry i am rambling and just feeling sorry for myself. It is an internal struggle daily to stay sober.