Notices

What is your outlet for irritating days?

Old 02-20-2014, 09:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
SeaScape

I colored my hair tonight! Lol! It looks real bad so I don't recommend doing that to yourself!

I work out to get my frustrations out. I curse a lot too. I come here a lot.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Nooooooooooo did you choose the wrong color or did it just come out wrong?!! Ugh I hate it when hairdye goes wrong. This site is lifesaving for me. I love it. I've never really been able to talk about my alcoholism to anyone because not a lot of people want to hear it. I can relate so much to what others are talking about and are not embarrassed to write in about their issues.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

That's awesome! Congrats on the smoking as well. Quitting that is no joke. Next on my list hopefully. I watch those National Geographic prison specials from time to time. You should see the stuff those guys come up with in the places that don't allow free weights and they are in crazy shape. Maybe it sounds dumb but I've been looking at it like Rocky IV which is pretty easy given the winter we have both been having. We are the underdog training in rough conditions etc. Hey whatever we've gotta do right? It's great to have the balance too between this and the creative stuff.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Ok that is crazy, I always think of Rocky!!!! It's burnt in my brain since childhood. I was thinking that I want to start running the 5 km runs and work up to a half marathon. I will definitely check out the prison specials! I love trying different workouts to try different muscle groups.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Highly recommended:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
hammer.jpg (45.7 KB, 13 views)
Old 02-21-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Joe Nerv View Post
I buy bass guitars.
lol, yes, unfortunately after I recovered from addiction I contracted UAS—Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome.

They're probably cheaper than bass guitars, tho.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:03 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

In all seriousness, I find one of the benefits of having been through addiction is it helps to put life's little annoyances in perspective. I remember standing outside at night, drunk, wondering whether I would ever stop. I remember checking my eyes for signs of jaundice, wondering when my liver would give out, and contemplating all I would miss out on, especially seeing my daughter grow up.

When I reflect on that, suddenly the traffic jam in front of me doesn't seem like such a big deal.