Notices

Day 5/6

Old 02-15-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5/6

I didn't post much on day 4. From stomach issues, to extreme insomnia, to just plain bad feelings I just came here and read other posts for strength. I am happy to announce on day 5 I actually slept 6 straight hours, I haven't had any symptoms today and I think the RLS has calmed down. Here's to five more days No need for pills anymore!
Old 02-15-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

5 days is amazing! One day clean is a miracle for any addict.

Keep up the good work, one day at a time.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What's amazing is I'm really into Trance, House, Electro music and I find if I sit at the computer with a little Deadmau5 or just something with a sick drop that all the feelings go away and I get that rush(in shorter intervals) that I did with the pills. Its been the biggest thing that's helped besides a slew of vitamins, otc leg cramp stuff, and Benadryl. Thanks for the words of encouragement!
Old 02-15-2014, 03:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through!!
Old 02-15-2014, 03:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done man, I find the insomnia is so uncomfortable in recovery good job getting through it!
Old 02-15-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LonelyShadow View Post
Well done man, I find the insomnia is so uncomfortable in recovery good job getting through it!
You got that right. Honestly I think its the hardest part of breaking through. One good thing though, I'm writing in a journal every uncomfortable minute of it from my thoughts as detailed as possible. No way in the world I want to ever go through this again. So I will go back and relive the nightmare of these withdrawals if I ever get the urge again.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had trouble falling asleep for about a week. Now I sleep better than I ever remember. It's such a wonderful feeling.

Late this afternoon I had my strongest urge so far to just say "to heck with it" and have a couple of drinks. Part of talking myself down from actually doing that was thinking about how much I love sleeping now. I don't want to ruin that (along with everything else that's getting better -- some faster than others, of course).

Anyway, the point is...Congratulations on Day 5 into 6 and I'm sure that you'll be sleeping soundly soon!

Best, ODog.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Congratulations on 5 days - and on getting some sleep! You'll continue to feel bettter & better.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on five days clean!
Old 02-15-2014, 04:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by eastky View Post
You got that right. Honestly I think its the hardest part of breaking through. One good thing though, I'm writing in a journal every uncomfortable minute of it from my thoughts as detailed as possible. No way in the world I want to ever go through this again. So I will go back and relive the nightmare of these withdrawals if I ever get the urge again.
While I'm not writing in a journal, I had the same thoughts of needing to remember all of my uncomfortable minutes.