Notices

Health/healing my body stops me drinking again

Old 02-07-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Health/healing my body stops me drinking again

Hi everyone, I'm 38 days sober going strong, I know I'm going to go the distance because of one thing.....HEALTH!

When I was drinking 4 litres of beer a day I didn't think it was a big deal health wise, compared to smoking...drinking seemed quite safe. We all knew the dangers of smoking, thousands of chemicals, tar, the increased cancer rates etc. Compared to that I thought alcohol was quite safe, for example there isn't advertisements on the dangers of binge drinking like there is with smoking, I quit smoking after a few years because I was scared of the dangers.

Only now I have quit alcohol, gone through withdrawal, feeling better, looking forward to feeling great in a few months, I realise how damaging heavy drinking is to the body.

I researched how alcohol destroys the body, the brain, organs, nervous system, circulatory system, reproductive system, hormones, the skin, hair, your general appearance, your weight etc, so much more. I didn't think about these things, all I thought was effing up my liver after decades of drinking, when I'm an old man.

That is why I'm quitting for good, I don't see myself as missing out anymore, more like feeling better than I have in years and looking forward to feeling even better at 3 months sober, 6 months, a year etc.

Alcohol is so overrated!
Old 02-07-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

good stuff always drinkin

D
Old 02-07-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Alcohol sure took it's toll on my health. After three years my body is still recovering.
Good for you for quitting cigarettes and alcohol. It only gets better.