Notices

Thank you

Old 02-27-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Poison Eater Extraordinaire

Originally Posted by wpainterw View Post
Perhaps with a cat (the cat will be serene- that's his first priority. The question is whether he will make you serene. The cat will not answer this question).

W.
Aw, clearly a dog person by this remark (and the avatar). Cat's always get a bad rap! A few pets on the head, or a rub between the eyes...and the cat will surely make you serene too.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Thanks wpainterw. You are a class act. I love always reading your words of wisdom. xoxo e
Old 03-08-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I am very touched by all the wonderful responses to this thread. The great gift I have received has been from you, and others like you, who have helped me along the long path of recovery from alcoholism. Now, the anxiety I have from my deteriorating heart valve and its eventual replacement has not led to self medication with alcohol, as it is likely to have done many years ago. Had it done so it would have made my heart issues much more difficult, perhaps impossible, to treat. Indeed, treatment would probably not be an option for I would have died long before. I was lost, "in a gloomy wood astray" and when I reached out my hand other hands reached out in return. For me at least this was the way out, regaining my self, back into the sunshine, able to face the issues of old age. If someone were to ask, then, how to "get out" of the alcoholic jungle, I would say that, at least for me, the way can be found by holding out one's hand for help by other recovering alcoholics, along with counselors and doctors when necessary. It can be done. All you need to do is hold out your hand....

W.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:55 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Good to see you back, Painter! Hope you're well.