Notices

This is my plan for today

Old 01-28-2014, 08:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is my plan for today

I am tired of feeling bad. I get so much good advice and support here. I am going to take some time off of work and go to a meeting that I haven't been to. It is way out of my way but I really feel like I need to get to an AA meeting today.

I find AA helpful but I know a lot of people don't. It is interesting because I am pretty much an agnostic but I haven't had anyone really push God on me (yet). I WISH I believed because I think it is truly helpful to have a strong belief system and I admire those who do. But I do not. I guess it has to do with spending my entire life and career in science.

Oddly enough I have started praying since going to AA. I just ask something (not sure who) to keep me sober.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's a great plan, 2bhappier. It doesn't matter how other people think, if you get some benefit out of attending an AA meeting, then all the power to you and it is something you absolutely should do. Despite your being an agnostic, I'm sure there are some principals in the teachings of AA that would be beneficial to people hoping to recover and stay recovered.

Good luck!
Old 01-28-2014, 09:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jus
A Little Wingy

Awesome! You're making a plan, huge step in the right direction.

Right on ClearMind, it doesn't matter how others think. This is about YOU bhappy, YOU do what's best for YOU
Old 01-28-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There isn't a chapter called "We Agnostics" in the BB for no reason