Notices

This time it's me

Old 01-25-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This time it's me

I am always the one on the support end. There's a long line of addicts in my life and I am the support so for me to be writing this seems surreal. Absolutely NO ONE knows what I am about to write except myself. Perhaps my spouse suspects, but I doubt it.

I am a chronic migraine sufferer - 32 years. I deal with chronic pain all the time as well as depression. I never took meds until my children were born and one doctor suggested it would "help take the edge off." I have seven children, so chaos is also a constant.

Here is the long and short of it. I take mega doses of antidepressants (Zoloft, Elavil, Depakote), some double as migraine "prophylactic" - I also take Klonopin for anxiety twice a day. I have horrible insomnia so I take Ambien 10 mg nightly. I take Fioricet and Maxalt for pain for migraines. I take wayyy too much caffeine and have a constant irritated stomach so I take Zantac to calm that down. I have also lately (I am really ashamed of this) been taking laxatives to lose weight. At least I can control something in my world! I am afraid that too will get out of control. I have no idea what my "baseline" is anymore.

I don't know what to stop - all of it? some of it?

I don't know.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'd suggest seeing your doctor and asking him/her for help in getting off some/all of the meds. We can't advise you how to do that so it's best you talk to your doctor.

I'm glad you found us and joined the family.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome workingtoohard

Apart from th obvious stuff like cut back on the coffee, yeah I think a Dr is a good first step - explain this to them - see what they suggest?

D