Notices

Daily Sober Brags

Old 01-23-2014, 09:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Daily Sober Brags

I feel so proud of myself usually at least once a day for overcoming my AV.

This evening, I got/ am in a fight with my bf and I didn't resort to reaching for the bottle. Kava tea and comedies on Netflix instead. With all of the relapsing I've done this year, something like a fight usually would have made me just give up and say, "Screw it. I'll detox later". I'm not even really sitting here itching for it. The fight will pass. My sobriety isn't as fleeting.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There have been a few times after I stopped drinking that I was shocked to find that my response to a situation was not to turn to alcohol. I found that once I told that addicted voice to go the hell away and that I was in charge, it seldom came back to give me grief.

About a week after I had stopped drinking I was in a bar because I was still apart of a dart league. I just drank sodas there and everything was fun. A friend of mine came in that I had not seen for a few weeks since he was a trucker and out of town. He came in and as usual asked to buy me a drink and my response, which I did not even think about, was "No thanks, I don't drink." He then proceeded to buy me a soda! But my point is, we get to a point where that voice isn't there and our natural response kicks in. Just a little more time my friend and it wont be as hard of a struggle, I pray.