Notices

Superbowl parties

Old 01-20-2014, 10:45 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had to work hard to make sure nothing happened. ncog....and yeah that meant some tough choices and rough decisions at the time...

I turned down a lot of invites and drifted away from a few friends who were definite 'partners in crime'...

but I look back and I see how those short term sacrifices laid the foundation for my long term sobriety today.

There will be other SOMETHINGS man...when you're totally committed to being sober.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:50 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
International Man of Mystery

I had back to back seizures. I only remember the first one. My eyes rolled into the back of head, and it was like a full body cramp. The ONLY thought I had was 'don't bite your tongue'. I Did. Not badly but enough that I had problems but could not eat solid food for a week. The second seizure? Don't recall it. What I DO remember is that my roommate came in my room with a baseball bat. He thought I was getting mugged. ( I was kicking things over) I do not remember anything we talked about. He told me later that I was 'coherent' but fully blacked out. I went on a rant about the weather.

I will say the first one REALLY freaked me out. I went cold, could not move, then just started this painfull spasm. It seemed to last forever. Don't remember the second one. I blacked out after the first one.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:52 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Magsie

Take care Ncognito, stick with us, read and post, amazing how it helps
Old 01-21-2014, 02:21 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
International Man of Mystery

I don't care for AA but his site helps, despite all my relapses. I get a lot of good advice and it helps. So thank to anyone that took the time to respond to my rants, whining, etc.

I appreciate it. I really do.