Notices

tough days

Old 01-13-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

tough days

Yesterday and today I have felt awful. It feels like a bit of an emotional roller coaster. There are just some days... anxiety, depression... restlessness, difficulty focussing. My husband tries to be understanding but I think he sees it as an excuse to just be a jerk. It's not my nature I think to just be a jerk but I have been feeling overwhelmed. Sometimes when I get this way I just want to run away until I am better. I know it will pass and I have been on here just looking at what others have been writing about their anxiety and I feel a bit better knowing that this is part of the process.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're not alone that's for sure. I'm feeling all of that most days. Hopefully it gets better with more sober time, I think it will.
Feel better soon!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I feel for you. Just got off the phone with my new counselor for recovery. Anxiety sucks. I keep pacing around when I need to eat and just sleep and go to freakin' work tomorrow.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It does take awhile for issues related to anxiety and depression to settle out in early sobriety. What immediately helps is not drinking You are doing great by just acknowledging that this is how you are feeling right now...that is awesome!! My anxiety issues considerably became less and less with each day of sobriety.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

The early days are a bit up and down - but this is not the ways it will always be cusper - things do get better

If you're really concerned about your anxiety tho it might be a good idea to speak with your Dr?

D

D
Old 01-13-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for your responses. Dee, yes my Dr. probably thinks I am a huge hypochondriac as it is. Which really, is true. I really want to stay away from taking any pills when it comes to feelings of anxiety. I think I am ok. I had a nap and felt much better afterwards. Kayla, pacing was a very big thing for me too. that has calmed down. Most days I have been fine and then I have these days where I feel absolutely unbalanced.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am on Day 13 and it is up and down up and down. One minute I fee great, then the next minute I'm making a mountain out of a molehill. I picture each day as another step away from the hell I was in at the end of last year. Even it its emotional worst, it is so much better than the hell I was in. I'm sure the same is for you. You know that each emotional surge will pass. Just try to learn as much as you can about this disease and about yourself you you can get better each day and just STAY THAT WAY!!!