Notices

Feeling like its not going to change

Old 01-01-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling like its not going to change

I have been off and on using weed/alcohol since I was 13. I am a young mom now and I am a functioning addict. Last year my body started to reject alcohol, my body doesn't make enough of the enzyme that breaks it down anymore. So I "quit" by switching to weed, which seemed harmless, but all it is is another addiction. The past few weeks I started drinking again, I'm not really sure why other then when I fall off the bus i stay off . Anyway. I remember so many times in the past few years feeling helpless about this problem and begging God to help me, and I feel like it's never going to go away. I've had periods, even years where it gets better but it always comes back.

I've spent New Year's Day sick, from a virus but mainly from alcohol. Feeling like the worst mom today (thank goodness for my hubby!) for not having energy to do anything and how many days I've been sick like this. It's pretty sad that I still drink even though I get hungover EVERY time and for two days sometimes.

Disgusted with myself & wondering if this is ever going to end
Old 01-01-2014, 05:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It will end when you decide you've had enough. Being sober is sooo much better than any night with alcohol. If you are ready to make a change, stick around here and post. It can be done and we're here to support you.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Inca View Post
It will end when you decide you've had enough. Being sober is sooo much better than any night with alcohol. If you are ready to make a change, stick around here and post. It can be done and we're here to support you.
Thanks Inca I have decided I've had enough. Just feeling hopeless at the moment, it will pass, hopefully soon.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I would have two or even three day hangovers and always felt guilty because of the children and I kept trying to stop for a long while, then one day, something just clicked and it will for you if you try. xxxx
Old 01-01-2014, 06:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KateL View Post
I would have two or even three day hangovers and always felt guilty because of the children and I kept trying to stop for a long while, then one day, something just clicked and it will for you if you try. xxxx
Thanks Kate, the guilt eats me up, and it creates a cycle because then I want to drink I just read your story another thread ironically, congratulations on your recovery! Do you think anything concrete made you wake up and quit?
Old 01-01-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

When my daughter was about seven years old she just said, "please stop drinking, mummy, I want you to be pretty again." so the guilt had to stop. They soon forgot and were just pleased to have me back. xxxxx
Old 01-01-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found I could drink or drug, or be the person I wanted to be - but not both.

It's never too late start being who you want to be Peeka

D
Old 01-01-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You can do this. Make some good changes to your life. Replace those bad habits with some good ones. Never give up!

from a fellow Buckeye.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
You can do this. Make some good changes to your life. Replace those bad habits with some good ones. Never give up! from a fellow Buckeye.
Exactly I am trying to think of some hobbies I can do at night to keep my mind off it, I am always sober all day but nighttime is the worst!

&&thanks I love this city too!